iplay4e support?

gorthmog
gorthmog
edited March 2009 in Feature Requests

Comments

• gorthmog
    gorthmog
    Hi,

I've been using the new D&D 4e iPhone character viewer, over at http://iplay4e.appspot.com/

I understand that you are trying to add support for viewing these embedded pages within Obsidian Portal. Just wanted to give two thumbs up to this feature request.

I can't wait to be able to embed my wizard within the Adventure Log for my campaign.

Thanks!

-Chris
  • Xuub
    Xuub
    I spoke to Michah at Obsidian today and he said this about iplay4e

bq. We've toyed with the idea of using the iplay4e character sheets, but haven't gotten into it much. I'll have to revisit it soon, since I believe the developer has done some things to make them easier to embed.

I hope they implement it, it's such an awesome way to track characters. I don't have an iPhone but i use iplay4e on my mini-laptop while at the table.
  • andrewreutter
    I'll ping Michah offline to see where this is at and encourage the integration work.

- Andrew
    "iplay4e":http://iplay4e.com
  • andrewreutter
    Micah got back to me; he says it's still on the TODO list, but no delivery date specified.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  • Xuub
    Xuub
    This sure would be great.
  • theinternetisbig
    theinternetisbig
    I will third this... Being able to embed the character sheets right into the crunch section would be pretty awesome...

However, a only slightly less awesome solution may be helpful.

Just place a link to the character sheet in the crunch section. I'm currently writing up some instructions for my players to upload their characters.
  • Xuub
    Xuub
    Yeah this would be nice. I'm still hoping that it will happen.

You mean like it like this?
    http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/viewSheet?xsl=fullpage&key=agdpcGxheTRlchELEglDaGFyYWN0ZXIYxrkFDA
  • DMShadow
    DMShadow
    2 more thumbs up here. Being able to embed the iplay4e clickable character sheet into our character pages would be outstanding. Would be great to combine 2 of the best net resources for gaming.
  • Cardinalis
    Cardinalis
    I will provide my thumbs as well as any other digit necessary.

Sure, we can put a link in the page as Xuub suggested, but full integration would be better.
  • Xuub
    Xuub
    I'm still sitting here with my thumbs-up for this! lol
  • Taloff
    Taloff
    Obsidian Portal still plans to add support for iplay4e, but has no announcements to make at this time.
  • Xuub
    Xuub
    Do they still have plans to add iplay4e support? It's been a while now...
  • darkspartan45
    darkspartan45
    Add another vote for supporting this format, please. :)
  • VoShay
    I will also bang away in support of this here!
  • Arktivilist
    Arktivilist
    Cmon, let's do it. Obsidian portal will rock for PBP as well if you do this.
  • stevilg
    Still no update on this eh?
  • Xuub
    Xuub
    What is the status of this? Still no word?
  • guybrush
    guybrush
    I'm keen for this too; I use iplay4e extensively already, and I just started using OP. Integration or at least a simple way of information sharing between the two would be killer.
  • Xuub
    Xuub
    Yeah, my group uses iPlay4e.com every week for games. I'm surprised that more folks are not interested.
  • Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    I also love iplay4e, not only for the widget embedding (which is fabulous on my Android phone and laptop) but also because of how easily it imports information from Character Builder files. That functionality alone - importing from the Character Builder - is worth integrating into Obsidian. Life would become so much easier. Please, please, make this happen!
  • october
    october
    I've got to throw my 2 cents in here as well - iPlay4e support would be a HUGE win for Obsidian Portal. I already upload my group's characters to iPlay4e for quick reference during games, and being able to have that information seamlessly show up in their character pages on OP would be fantastic. Anything that reduces the work a GM needs to do to keep things up to date is something that means they're more likely to keep using the site.
  • nephelim2
    nephelim2
    This thread has been idle for sime time... so forgive if this is old new, but I just joined the Portal today. Having iPlay4e (and incombat4e for that matter) embedded into OP would be insanely awesome. Has there been any movement on that?
  • Holdenvie
    Holdenvie
    I'd like to know also.
  • Vhex
    Vhex
    I'm on board with this.
  • nephelim2
    nephelim2
    bump?
  • Xuub
    Xuub
    I'm still hoping for this on OP, but I've ended up switching to Epic Words since iplay4e embeds easily. In 2009 when I first spoke to the folks at iplay4e they were eager to be supported on Obsidian Portal.
  • Cesar
    Cesar
    I am also very interested in this feature.
  • danshep
    danshep
    I just threw together an importer for dnd4e files into the dynamic character sheet format (http://soxbox.no-ip.org/obsidian/).

I could probably set something up for keeping a sheet in sync with iplay4e, but though they seem to have some form of API interface, I can't find the documentation for it. Anybody able to give me any pointers?
  • Vhex
    Vhex
    The google groups are the best places to find info on iplay4e if you have questions that aren't in the docs. Otherwise the iplay4e API docs are at: https://sites.google.com/site/iplay4eapi/
  • Raven_Blackthorne
    Raven_Blackthorne
    I would also love this feature!