Too Many Notebooks ...

JerichoBrown
JerichoBrown
edited February 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• JerichoBrown
    JerichoBrown
    I started playing Basic D&D when I was in 8th grade, nearly 25 years ago.

In that time I've played lots of different games. Not all of them, I always want to play more - but I've played a bunch.

I have stacks and stacks of binders & notebooks with notes from dozens of games I've run and played. (To me, a "character sheet" is a 50 page notebook or binder!) I wish I had a wiki to write that stuff down in ten or twenty years ago. I'm really looking forward to fully utilizing this site.

These days I live in the Seattle area. I have a huge GURPS collection. I play in a d20 Star Wars game, a World of Darkness game and am thinking about running a game in the near future, but I can't decide between d20 Star Wars - Clone Wars, Paranoia XP, GURPS Star Trek or GURPS Weirdness Magnets and Dimensional Madness. We'll see.

I write a gaming blog. It sucks, you'll hate it, go read it anyway:

http://dustydice.com/

See you around the site ...

Jericho
  • TheStray7
    TheStray7
    Welcome to the madness! I know exactly how you feel. I have ten years worth of material locked in my head space, which is why I was so glad to find this site. It's just so easy to get sucked into "wiki mode"...especially if you're the kind of discovery writer I am (i.e. you find stuff out as you write). And all those redlinks, just waiting to be made blue...

Anyhoo, welcome!
  • Charsen
    Charsen
    Welcome to OP. :) I skipped around your blog a bit and it looks pretty cool.. I'll keep an eye on your game, Last Wish, too.

Looks like you're into a lot of settings that I'd love to play but never have the opportunity.

I definitely understand what you mean about the notebooks and binders. I just moved from my old house and brought a few boxes worth of sketches and journals... binders full of character sheets... yikes. I never realized how much had accumulated in only, well, about 6 years since I started gaming. Crazy!

Anyway, welcome to OP and I look forward to checking out your game as it progresses. :)
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Welcome to the Portal! (Sorry I'm late to the party; I'm away from home on personal business.)

I envy those folks who have all these pages and pages of information. Maybe it's a blessing that I've really gotten into gaming when things like OP have been an option, but I still feel like a newbie compared to all y'all. ;)

Good luck getting it all organized electronically!