Changing E-Mail Address

Comments

• RobJustice
    RobJustice
    I'm preparing to migrate my e-mail from one domain to another. How can I update the e-mail associated with Obsidian Portal?
  • bevinflannery
    bevinflannery
    My guess if that you have to email Micah or Ryan - though it would probably be a good feature request to have that option on your Profile. You can change your own Web site, change your image, etc., but can't change your email address.
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    Thats what I was thinking, but there was a chance I might just be a retard who over looked it.
  • Nelph0nd
    Nelph0nd
    Nope, you're not a retard (at least not because of this! ;-) ). I actually ended up creating a second account here because my original account was with a hosed email address (which was because *I'm* a retard) and I couldn't find a way to change it, so I abandoned it in favor of a new account.

As a feature, the ability to change an email address associated with an account is a necessity, IMNSHO.
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    Yeah, I'm not creating a new account just to update my e-mail. I demand a better option. :D
  • Fromage
    I agree. The ability to change or add multiple email accounts to a single Obsidian Portal account is a _must_ in my opinion. Also, if you create an Obsidian Portal account with a OpenID, you are unable to participate in these forums until you create another account via the Obsidian Portal account creation (unless there's something I was missing). That's kind of clunky too. Is anything in regards to these issues being considered on the feature roadmap for the site?

Other than that, OP is a great portal, community and product. I've enjoyed it immensely and I really hope to see it grow and flourish.