Greetings

TheGremlin
TheGremlin
edited February 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• TheGremlin
    TheGremlin
    Hi, I'm The Gremlin, and I followed this place through an ad. It seems extremely handy, but there's one thing I can't figure out. It's a problem for me, I can never see the overall purpose of a site. My question: Is this just a manager for PCs and GMs, or a place to actually play online? Like Play by Posts?
    EDIT: Okay, nevermind. I just read Micah's sticky. I understand now. I take it that the 'invite' thing is to contact people to see if they can start a tabletop game together?
    Anyways, great site, and I hope to make use of it in the future. :)
  • Aust
    I'm interested in joining a group. I tend to stay away from overly-magical campaigns, though.
    Actually, I wonder if there are many military campaigns here.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Aust, if you know of any rules systems that favor tactical/military over high fantasy/magic, there is a way to search for campaigns by rules system on the main site. That'd probably be the easiest way to find out.

EDIT: To TheGremlin: You probably *could* kludge together a play-by-post game if the GM of the game had a premium account and thus got access to the forums. But there aren't any dice rollers included, to my knowledge, so it'd either have to be very light on dice-rolling or everyone would have to trust each other a lot. Either one works with the right people...that's always the trick. =)
  • Bathlarper
    Bathlarper
    Aust, if you're interested in military style roleplay then this:
    http://uscmcrpg.net/missions/
    And this:
    http://uscmcrpg.proboards81.com/index.cgi#ship

are pure roleplay (no dice, GM decides what happens) play by forum RPGs based in the Aliens universe. We play Marines in the USCMC. The required standard of writing on both sites is quite high but the quality of RP is correspondingly good. We're always looking for new recruits particularly in Sierra company (the second link) as its just restarting after a long period of downtime and we've shed some members.

The setting is Sci-Fi but the game is kept as realistic as possible within the confines of the game world as the GM and some of the players for the first site are former/current US Marines and the second site is a spin-off game run by a military history enthusiast.
    If this kind of thin appeals too you then I hope to see you around the boards. I play Pvt Kelly in Omega Company and PFC Ryder in Sierra.