What is this thing?

Comments

• Bathlarper
    Bathlarper
    I've just been going over my profile to update it and theres option here I don't recognise.
    What is a WYSIWYG editor?
    I recognise the Acronym 'what you see is what you get' but I don't know what it does.
  • bevinflannery
    bevinflannery
    Word of advice -- don't check the box for using the WYSIWIG editor. It's a pain in the tuchis.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    That is possibly the most fascinating username I've seen yet on these boards.

Also, if you're familiar with Microsoft Word, the WYSIWYG editor lets you click buttons to turn text formatting on and off, so you'd be able to *see* the bold formatting of that word, instead of needing to mentally extrapolate it from the fact that you encased the word in *asterisks*.

I never bothered with it to begin with, so I can't echo bevin's dismay with it, but I'm pretty sure others have expressed similar negative feelings.
  • ajb47
    ajb47
    The problem with the WYSIWYG editor is that if one person uses it and another uses the Textile version and they both edit the same page, the WYSIWYG overwrites whatever the Textile did. We had a couple of players do that because, I think, the default was changed between when bevin and I signed up and when the others in our group did.

Not only that, but WYSIWYG adds a bunch of HTML behind the scenes.

AJ