too feminine?

Comments

• ChartreuseBoots
    ChartreuseBoots
    because i'm too cheap to commission art for my character... i'm been drawing it myself. but i'm afraid my MALE character looks like a girl. i wanted him to look like a slightly effeminate (in a weakling, glass cannon kinda way), but he seems to come off as ALL girl. i've made yet more modifications to the image, but now i've been staring at it too long and need a fresh opinion.

if it still isn't right, i'll scrap it and start over...
  • ChartreuseBoots
    ChartreuseBoots
    here is the page: http://www.obsidianportal.com/character/linnaeus
    the image i'm tanking about is the top headshot.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    I don't think he's ALL girly. I think the easiest way to de-feminize him would be to sink in the cheeks a little. Not a whole lot or he'll look like he's starving, but just some definition in the cheekbones.

ETA: Seriously not much, just like a very thin pencil line. And I'm not sure how that would change the shading - I'm not all that good at the realistic art.
  • ChartreuseBoots
    ChartreuseBoots
    thank you for the suggestion. i'm glad you don't think he looks entirely like a girl. unfortunately i think i've overworked the image. i'll make a new one at some point, since i always doodle while gaming. though right now linn is going on the back burner; the other players have finally created characters and apparently it is my responsibility to draw them... by tomorrow morning. bluh.
  • Metroknight
    Metroknight
    I asked my son to look at the picture you drew and he said it looked like a girl because of the shape of the face. He is only 7. I have no idea of how to make it look more like a guy since you have more talent then I will every have in drawing.
  • Charsen
    Charsen
    Doesn't really look like a girl. Looks like a young elf. I generally think of elves as sort of androgynous, so it works. :) Nice work on the character sheet by the way.
  • Tattoo_Bob
    Tattoo_Bob
    Give 'im a beard.