Some Questions

Comments

• discomute
    discomute
    1) Is this site censored? Are we going to get into trouble for swearing in the write up of our campaign?

2) We are frustrated with the fact that NPC's show up on our character list. Is there anyway to avoid this? We just want the PC's to show up on our lists and the NPC to show up in the campaign they are attached to.

3) When it says "two campaigns" as maximum for beginners, does that mean that you can only GM two campaigns, or you can only be attached to two campaigns e.g. as a PC?

Thanks,
    discomute
  • discomute
    discomute
    Okay, I can't edit this for a fourth question.

4) If someone makes a mistake and deletes a large portion of the wiki, is it backed up?
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    1) I do not know of any censorship. Back before the wiki redesign, when the campaign itself had a tagline, I did put a warning in mine that my writeups would be rated R / M / TV-MA for language. I expect that as long as you kept your front page clean and maybe put up some sort of notification, you would not be harassed for your use of coarse language. Also, I just scared the crap out of myself with the idea of a campaign NPC that could reasonably use racial epithets, and I would DEFINITELY put a warning on such a campaign's front page.

2) If you're talking about your profile...it's gonna list everything you've created via the character or item creation modules, period. PCs, NPCs, items, all of that. Your workarounds are to not use the character creator to make NPCs - just make them wiki pages in the relevant campaign - or to generate a "mule" account that creates all the NPCs. The drawback to the first workaround is that one function of Obsidian Portal is to allow people to share their ideas for characters and items, so things generated via the creation modules are searchable independently of your campaign. If you just make a wiki page for the NPC, then nobody will see your awesome idea unless they're already following your campaign.

3) The two-campaign maximum for non-premium members refers to how many you can GM. I have yet to upgrade my membership, and I'm in five campaigns right now - four of them as a player.

4) I believe the admins have said that backups are made nightly. There has been some call for downloadable backups, but I don't know the progress of that request.