Everything is slow

Mortagon
Mortagon

Hi, suddenly everything is really slow on my campaign page. It takes forever to open, edit or save anything. It worked fine earlier today so not sure what has changed. Everything else on my browser works fine. 

Comments

• vadercomplex
    vadercomplex

Hi @Mortagon! Are you still experiencing this? 

Obsidian Portal Support Druid | [email protected]

• Abersade
    Abersade

I am experiencing this issue when attempting to view or edit existing pages. It doesn't happen every time.

Post edited by Abersade on

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

I have not had that issue today, FYI

Just trying to help out.

• vadercomplex
    vadercomplex

Got it! Do you mind if I send you a separate email to get some more information about this issue? :) @Abersade

Obsidian Portal Support Druid | [email protected]

• Abersade
    Abersade

Sure! Happy to help.

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• thaen
    thaen

We were being crawled/scanned by something. It was bringing the database to it's knees, and also messed up the search index updating, so search was only giving partial results for a bit.

We made a few code changes to lessen the impact of crawling/scanning on the database, and we think we've blocked the crawler (for now at least), and the database is no longer being slammed, and the search index has been regenerated, so as of a couple hours ago all should be working smoothly again.

Please let us know if you see any further issues.

Post edited by thaen on

Obsidian Portal Developer

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I got hit with a bunch of 502 errors on Saturday, and even today when I click on links the site is very sluggish and slow to respond.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Vanillabean
    Vanillabean

Hey @UselessTriviaMan I appreciate you letting us know what's going on- I know it's super frustrating. We've noticed too and have been working on managing an onslaught of bots right now. We're actively working on finding a permanent solution and hope to have things smoothed out before too long. Thank you so much for your patience- and feel free to keep us posted on what you're expeirencing! 

Obsidian Portal Dungeon Manager || [email protected] 

• Onirim
    Onirim

I experience this too, it's now difficult to use Obsidian Portal when I was in the middle of a game session for reading my notes so I hope you will find a solution :)

Thanks for your efforts!

French gamemaster from outer space

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Things are much better yesterday and today- thanks for all the effort!

Just trying to help out.

• alliedaines
    alliedaines

502's still happening for myself and players. It's not all the time, but when it happens, it can bork up loading the campaign for anything up to about fifteen minutes before working again. Hope you guys can fix it soon. x

• Vanillabean
    Vanillabean

Hey everyone- thanks for keeping us updated on everyting! The battle is continuing, but we aren't giving up! We put some more measures in place last night, but it looks like there's been more trouble this morning. So we're getting back in the fight and will keep everyone updated. 

I just want to say that we have the absolute BEST members! I know this has been EXTREMELY frustrating for so many of you- especially considering it's been going on for a bit now. It's frustating for us too and we are determined to get things back in order. We are so so so thankful for all of your support and your patience!

• Vanillabean
    Vanillabean

Hey Everyone! Just wanted to give you a quick update on our ongoing battle against the lag and 502 errors! We've discovered that in addition to the bots, our new backlinking feature has been contributing to some of the issues we've been having recently. As a result we have *temporarily* disabled this feature so we can get things straightened out. We're actively working on reworking the feature and will bring it back into service ASAP. In the meantime- we appreciate everyone's support and please keep us posted on any errors or disruption in service!