Managing player permissions

Mochabelle

Hi guys, I am new to OP, and I just started a campaign portal.  I just invited a player, and he was able to modify the campaign home page.  How do I prevent him (and future players) from doing that?  >.>

Comments

• ragnarhawk

Hi @Mochabelle,

In general, it is more a problem to get players to make changes than to have them make unwanted changes.

That being said, it is possible as an Ascended (premium) user to use CSS to hide the edit button for certain roles and certain pages.  This doesn't completely prevent editing, but does make it much harder for a player with the selected roles to edit (they need to use tricks like editing the URL or modifying the CSS on the fly)

Oh. You should also have a revisions button on the upper left of the wiki page. That makes it easy to roll back any unwanted changes
    Post edited by ragnarhawk on
  • Abersade
    Abersade

In theory this can be done with inline CSS, though that's not nearly as easy imo as being Ascendant and just throwing it in the custom styling section. I'll test that out and let you know.

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Abersade
    Abersade

Yep, totally works.

DISCLAIMER: Adding this code to your front page will make it so that no one has the ability to edit it, including you, so unless you are comfortable inspecting CSS code maybe either rethink this approach or bookmark the edit screen before applying this change. The code can be pasted anywhere on the page to take effect.

<div .campaign-landing-show .wiki-edit .button {display: none;}</div>

GM of Stream of Kairos

• Abersade
    Abersade

For individual pages, well, I couldn't get that to work inline. If you have Ascendant then you can use the following code, same disclaimer as before though.

.icon-edit {display: none !important;}

GM of Stream of Kairos

• ragnarhawk

Regarding the inability to edit if you hide the edit button, you can either modify the CSS in an inspector, or you can manually edit the URL to point to "campaignURL/wiki_pages/home-page/edit'.  Those are the "tricks" that I mentioned earlier.  They allow you to bypass the button and edit the page directly