A Idea for A Npc that whether he's A Hero or A Villain will be determined by how The Pcs treat him

marshalljames1
edited July 2022 in General Discussion

I'm thinking about quitting being A Player and becoming A GM, and even though that may not happens in case that happens I already have A Idea for A Npc that will be unique to my 1st Campaign. Any ideas how to run this Npc?

Basically The Pcs will meet him once during The 1st 3 adventures that play a important role in the campaign and depending on how these encounters end determines the role this Npc will play in the rest of the campaign

If 2 or more of these encounters end with The Npc and The Pcs parting on good terms then The Npc will eventually become 1 of The Campaigns most powerful Heroes and in the end in order for The Pcs to have a chance of winning he kills the main villains 2nd in command

If 2 or more of these encounters end with The Npc and The Pcs parting on bad terms then The Npc will eventually become 1 of The Campaigns most powerful Villains and to have a chance of winning the Pcs most powerful ally must sacrifice themselves to kill him

Any other combination will result in The Npc being neither A Hero nor A Villain and by when the final part of the campaign starts he will side neither with not take a side, that way regardless of who wins theirs no chance that he will have fought on the losing side

In case your wondering yes the other Npcs in situations 1 and 2 are role reversed, by which I mean that in situation 1 The Npc that's the main villains second in command is the same 1 that in situation 2 kills the main villains second in command but shortly after he dies from his injuries

Post edited by marshalljames1 on