Linking eats my text

Kroy
Kroy
edited January 2009 in Campaign Portal Building

Comments

• Kroy
    Kroy
    This one is weird and is probably just a fluke. But it's a fluke I need a hand with. I have a decent understanding of how to use the Wiki and create pages. Here's my problem: I was making a series of pages to do an adventure synopsis part of the wiki. When I bracketed the lines of text to make a new page and then saved, the bracketed text did not appear on the saved page. When I went to re-edit the code, it was still there but didn't show up when saved. What's that about? Incidentally, it works in other places on the wiki, just not on this particular page.
  • Kroy
    Kroy
    Well, I fixed by just deleting the page and starting it over. Maybe it was just a fluke that can be washed out by trying it again. Luckily I hadn't put more than a few words on the page so I wasn't losing anything major.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    That is odd. But please sate my curiosity - did you remember to use double brackets instead of single brackets? I know I've had things disappear off pages because I tried to enclose them in single brackets instead of parentheses.
  • Kroy
    Kroy
    No I checked and recheck the page several times (I always assume if something is wrong it's because I messed it up). Once I started looking at it and thinking about it, I decided it was a browser problem. I'm one of the few people who actually liked and still use Google's Chrome browser but I think it still has lots of issues with playing nice with some websites. So now, if I'm doing any heavy editing of pages, I do it in Firefox. That seems to have fixed it.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Sorry to hear Chrome isn't working like you'd like it to.

At least you didn't have a buggy version of "Google Crom":http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp09032008.shtml. =)