Why would such A Character become A Adventure?, I mean he starts with 2 very large Baronies

marshalljames1
edited June 2022 in General Discussion

After a falling out with my old group, I was entirely innocent but the actual culprit has known the other 3 players and their GM for 29 years, 5 months, but they've only known me for 4 years, 5 months and because of Carona the falling out occurred during our 1st session in almost 2 years, 4 months, so they believed him

8 days later which was 3 days ago I joined a new group and the reason that I managed to join a new group so soon after leaving the old 1 is because I'd realized what was coming almost 1 month before it happened, but I hoped that I was wrong, and I had enough time to make sure that I'd join a new group within a week or 2 of leaving the old 1

So when I created my character I ended up with A Magic User that has Str 7, Con 10, Dex 15, Int 18, Wis 9, Ch 13, 3Hp and A AC of 9-1 or 8, his 4 1st level Spells were The Automatic Spell Read Magic, Sleep and Magic Missile as 1 of my 2 Random Spells and the 1 spell of my choice was Charm Person

I freely admit that if Sleep hadn't been 1 of my characters 2 Random Spells then it would have been the 1 spell of my choice that my character started with

But when generating my characters family his parents ended up being A Senior Baron and A Senior Baroness, and my character has inherited both their 2 titles

Before we continue can I ask why would such A Character become A Adventure?, I mean he not only starts with 2 titles that are both of Very Senior Baron that comes with rulership of 2 very large Baronies he also starts the campaign with more a lot more cash, a lot more valuables and slightly more magical goodies then quite a lot of characters finish a campaign with

He also starts with ownership of 9 Slaves choose to fight for, fight beside and protect their owner/my character not because they have to, but if he wanted to he could make them, out of a mixture of friendship, trust, respect and loyalty for their owner/my character, whose A Very Good friend to all 9 of them

Its true that because they are his slaves if he wanted to he could make them, or try to make them fight for, fight beside and protect him/their owner but if possible he'd rather his 9 Slaves choose to fight for him, fight beside him and protect him out of a mixture of friendship, trust, respect and loyalty rather then making them fight for him, fight beside him and protect because he'll kill them if they don't but if needed he will make them them fight for, fight beside and protect him/their owner

His 9 Slave Guards consist of 1 male and 1 female Rangers, 1 male and 1 female Fighters,1 Female Cleric, 1 Female Thief, 1 Female and 1 Male Magic User and 1 Female Illusionist that are initially all 1st level

His lands earn him 126,822 Gold Coins per year but he use's 119,300 Gold Coins per year to hire 2 Gnome's that are 5th level Fighters/5th level Illusionists, 2 Human 9th level Ninja's, The Ninja's A Class The GM made that's almost identical to The Assassin Class the only difference is that A Ninja's alignment must be Good, 2 9th level Human Thieves, 2 Elven 5th level Thieves/3rd level Fighters and 1 10th level Cleric 

The rolls also show that both of his parents invested A lot of their earnings in lands, business’s, properties, small private estates and investments

This means that he ended up inheriting several hundred belongings, several dozen weapons, 8 shields, 1 dozen suits of armor, several dozen dose’s of both herbs and poisons, almost 6 years worth of food, close to 2,000 pints of regular alcohol and several dozen animals and he also gets the 480x20 x2 or 19,200 pints of good wine and the 180x20x2 or 7,260 pints of fine wine that his families 2 Baronies have made over the last 20 years

He’s also got 8 Worgs, 5 Wolves, 3 Giant Scorpions, 1 Blood Hawk and 1 Large Snake that his parents saved whilst they were very young babies, he raised them and as long as he treats them well then even though they aren’t charmed their as loyal to him as if they were charmed

He also inherits 1 Kings Ransom worth of cash, 2 Kings Ransoms worth of valuables, 2 minor Artefacts, 1 of which The GM Made, 1 Intelligent Dagger, 9 Ranged type Magic Weapons, 6 Melee type Magic Weapons, 1 Magic Shields, 4 suits of Magic Armor, 2 sets of Magic Bracers, 20 Magic Items and 14 dose’s of Magic Potion

The Minor Artefact The GM made is called A Box of Lodging Funds, its has both 1 good and 1 bad power, the good  power is that it will provide as much Gold as the owner wants, the bad power is that the owner is under the effects of A permanent Geas that means the gold must be spend on things like food, drink, board and lodgings

At any time he or she can choose to break free of The Geas but if he or she does then it vanishes and not only can the he or she can never get it back he or she can never knowingly find it, and if he or she unknowingly comes across it he or she can’t even try and to claim

Even though he’s only A 1st level Magic User both of his mothers parents were 11th level Magic Users and his mothers Grandfather was A 12th level Magic User, that’s why he’s  inherited 22 Spellbooks and 9 Spellscrolls that between them hold all 32 1st level, all 24 2nd level, 17 3rd level, 14 4th level, 11 5th level, 7 6th level and 2 7th level Spells

Even though he’s inherited 2 +1 and 1 +2 Rings of protection he only(?) use’s The +2 Ring of Protection, which combined with his AC 4 type bracers of Defence and his Dex of 15 means that even though he’s only A 1st level Magic he’s got A AC of 1

Both of his parents left him their families lands, they both consist of the title of Senior Baron, or Baroness if female, which my characters mother was, that rules A Very Large Barony and both parents also left him ownership of 6 gigantic area’s of Farmland, 7 sizeable estates, 7 business’s and 8 other area’s of land and/or property, all of which they bought with the money that they'd earned from their lands

That means that he’s inherited 2 titles that are both of Senior Baron, he’s also inherited 2 Very Large Baronies, 12 gigantic area’s of Farmland, 14 sizeable estates, 14 business’s and 16 other area’s of land and/or property

Rolls on tables The GM made show that on his 5th birthday my characters parents bought their son/my character 9 Slaves that had also turned 5 that day, that his parents bought them with the intend that The 9 Slaves would become good and eventually very good friends, companions and playmates for the person that owned them/their son

They were right, naturally, its just that they didn’t realize how quickly The 9 Slaves would become very good friends, companions and playmates for the person that owned them/their son, the parents of The, at the time, 5 year old Future Baron estimated it would take at least 20 months, it took just over 10 months

14 years later the Baron and his 9 best friends, who are so well treated that despite legally being slaves their better off then 84% of the people in the country that aren’t Nobles

He’s arranged for them to be trained in a variety of class’s, officially its so that if their owners/him is  attacked in order to protect him they will kill or be killed but in truth its so that if he ever frees them they will be able to support themselves

Post edited by marshalljames1 on

Comments

• marshalljames1
    I've also realized that theirs 7 very good reasons for me starting to wonder why doesn't my new GM realize how unbalanced my character is, this will definitely happen in less then 2 in-game years and will likely do so in less then 1 in-game year

Reason 1

My character starts with the combined lands, properties, titles, business's and estates of both his parents. These amount to 2 titles that are both of Senior Baron, he’s also inherited 2 Very Large Baronies, 12 very extensive area’s of Farmland, 14 sizeable estates, 14 business’s and 16 other area’s of land and/or property

Reason 2

He earns enough per year that even at the start of the campaign he can employ 2 Gnome's that are 5th level Fighters/5th level Illusionists, 2 Human 9th level Ninja's, The Ninja's A Class The GM made that's almost identical to The Assassin Class the only difference is that A Ninja's alignment must be Good, 2 9th level Human Thieves, 2 Elven 5th level Thieves/3rd level Fighters and 1 10th level Cleric

Reason 3

He decided that it would be a very good idea to refer to my characters 9 employees as above average Ex Soldiers that my character has hired to be his very Elite personal Bodyguards, this way they don't count against the limit on the number of henchmen my character can have

Reason 4

My character also starts the campaign with 9 slaves that are the same age as him, and because of who his parents were and he is his initial age isn't 2D8+24, rather its only(?) 1D8+24 or 29, that consist of 1 male and 1 female Rangers, 1 male and 1 female Fighters,1 Female Cleric, 1 Female Thief, 1 Female and 1 Male Magic User and 1 Female Illusionist that are initially all 1st level

Reason 5

If my character wanted to then because the 1 male and 1 female Rangers, 1 male and 1 female Fighters,1 Female Cleric, 1 Female Thief, 1 Female and 1 Male Magic User and 1 Female Illusionist are his slaves he could make them fight, maybe even die, for him but if possible he'd rather that they choose to fight for him out of a mixture of the friendship, trust, respect and loyalty they have for him

Reason 6

Roughly 28 months before the campaign started he inherited the following

Several hundred belongings, several dozen weapons, 8 shields, 1 dozen suits of armor, several dozen dose’s of both herbs and poisons, almost 6 years worth of food, close to 2,000 pints of regular alcohol and several dozen animals

He also inherited he 480x20 x2 or 19,200 pints of good wine and the 180x20x2 or 7,260 pints of fine wine that his families 2 Baronies have produced over the last 20 years

He also gets 8 Worgs, 5 Wolves, 3 Giant Scorpions, 1 Blood Hawk and 1 Large Snake that his parents saved whilst they were very young babies, he raised them and as long as he treats them well then even though they aren’t charmed their as loyal to him as if they were charmed

He also inherited 1 Kings Ransom worth of cash, 2 Kings Ransoms worth of valuables, 2 minor Artefacts, 1 of which The GM Made, 1 Intelligent Dagger, 9 Ranged type Magic Weapons, 6 Melee type Magic Weapons, 1 Magic Shield, 4 suits of Magic Armor, 2 sets of Magic Bracers, 20 Magic Items and 14 dose’s of Magic Potion

The Minor Artefact The GM made is called A Box of Lodging Funds, its has both 1 good and 1 bad power, the good power is that it will provide as much Gold as the owner wants, the bad power is that the owner is under the effects of A permanent Geas that means the gold must be spend on things like food, drink, board and lodgings

At any time he or she can choose to break free of The Geas but if he or she does then it vanishes and not only can the he or she can never get it back he or she can never knowingly find it, and if he or she unknowingly comes across it he or she can’t even try and to claim

Reason 7

Even though he’s only A 1st level Magic User both of his mothers parents were 11th level Magic Users and his mothers Grandfather was A 12th level Magic User, why is why he’s inherited 22 Spellbooks and 9 Spellscrolls that between them hold all 32 1st level, all 24 2nd level, 17 3rd level, 14 4th level, 11 5th level, 7 6th level and 2 7th level Spells
    Post edited by marshalljames1 on