The Empires Secret Service overlooked 3 former slaves having enough allies to choose the ruler. How?

marshalljames1

I've been thinking about my mates now finished Campaign with Erinn, Delphini, Kai and Nina and I've been thinking goes like this. What The hell is Empires Secret Service playing at?

I mean seriously(?) they somehow didn't realize that 3 former slaves hae enough friends, contacts, people loyal to them and allies that 3 people that weren't even born commoners, they were born slaves, have enough influence that for a big enough pay off each they could almost guarantee that the Elector Count that bribed them becomes The next Emperor or Emperess and they've have this much power for 14.084 years

By this I mean that Delphini, Kai and Nina, as well as Erinn but he wasn't born A Slave in fact he was born the heir to The Biggest Barony in The World, re good friends with 7 of The 15 Elector Counts, that means well over 1 in 3 and almost half of The Empires 15 Elector Counts are good friends of theirs

To put it another way being good friends almost half of The Empires 15 Elector Counts, so if 1 of the other 8 Elector Counts offered them a big enough bribe the briber would guarantee that he or she at least A 71% chance of getting the 8 votes he or she need to be elected Emperor or Emperess

In case you are wondering potential 8 votes are his or or her own vote and the votes of up to 7 of The Elector Counts that they are friends with