Greetings from D&D's homestate.

JamesHazelton
JamesHazelton
edited January 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• JamesHazelton
    JamesHazelton
    Good evening folks. My name is James and I'm a 4e player from Wisconsin. I just discovered Obsidian Portal and I've been tremendously enjoying working with it. I've been trying to manage my campaign world on Google Sites for a while now and it's just been so much hassle. Just like 4e put the fun back in DMing, OP put the fun back in world-building.

I've only been playing D&D for a few years, but I was instantly drawn to DMing. Partly I appreciate having an outlet for my creativity, but I also relish the challenge and responsibility of providing entertainment for a group. I like to base my adventures around an interesting premise and see where it takes me. I once started an adventure based on the idea that a bard would sing prophecy in the form of Pink Floyd songs; it snowballed into one of the best games I've ever run.

The world I'm creating now is called Aurobin-dô. I'm really having fun with it, and Obsidian Portal is helping flesh it out more than I ever would have thought to. When I see those red links I'm just compelled to write more!

I hope some of you will check out my little setting (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/aurobin-do) and explore the wiki a bit. I have a couple NPCs and a custom map added too. If you care to, please give me a rating. Bare in mind I've only been working on it a week--it's nowhere close to done! I actually won't have my first adventure in Aurobin-dô until tomorrow; I'm DMing a brand new group so wish me luck. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have something to add to the adventure log.

Well, goodnight folks. It's time for bed. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a good day.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    OH. MY. GAWD.

Prophecy in Pink Floyd songs.

Florimel is trying to kick off a Heroes-themed campaign where everyone takes a turn GMing. I think I might just swipe this idea. Not for my main character, of course, but when it's one of my episodes, as an NPC.
  • JamesHazelton
    JamesHazelton
    Haha, by all means. I'm still convinced the song _Sheep_ is about mind flayers. As I recall the bard was a gnome who used Ghost Sound to make his lute sound like an electric guitar.