Underlining Unnecessarily

Hell_Nova

I've seen another topic regarding this, but could not really understand what was posted. Using the "+" sign on entries for my campaign causes unwanted underlining. Is there a way to turn this underlinging off permanently? As a side note, I have no experience with coding, et cetra, so a brief copy/paste of coding jargon would sadly not help me. If possible, I'd need clear step by step instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

I'm sure we can get you squared away.  Can you share an example page from your Campaign where this is happening?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Abersade
    Abersade

Directions, though this assumes that you are an Ascendant member:

1. From your campaign frontpage: Left-click on settings (in the left side navigation bar), this takes you to the campaign dashboard page.

2. Left-click on the Advanced settings tab, this will display page with several text windows, one of which labeled Custom CSSwhere your custom CSS can be pasted.

3. In that text box paste the following code:

/* + Sign Underline Functionality - Turns It Off */
    ins { color:inherit; text-decoration:inherit;}
    ins:before { content:'+';}
    ins:after { content:'+';}

4. Now scroll to the bottom of the page, and left-click on Save in the lower right corner of the screen.

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Abersade
    Abersade

Assuming that you are an Ascendant member the following snippets and explanations may be helpful as well: https://abersade-testbed.obsidianportal.com/wikis/css-help-main-hub

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• thaen
    thaen

@Abersade, thank you!

@Hell_Nova, let me know if the above instructions are not clear enough, and we can get support to do it for you.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Hell_Nova

Thank you! The instructions seem clear, done. After work I'll try to update some more d20 stats to test whether the plus signs still throw it all off - many thanks guys

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I figured out pretty quickly that if you put a space between the + and the number it completely removes the need for any extra coding.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

That's what I do, @UselessTriviaMan.

It takes a while to remember every time, but you soon get used to it.

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• jdale
    jdale

You can also put a double equal sign before and after the + sign, like this:

==+5==

The equals signs won't show, they just tell Textile not to reformat that part.

But it's kind of annoying since the plus sign is a common usage for magic items with bonuses. I just entered a list of items and had to escape out a half dozen items like that. Some other markdown type systems let you proceed a single character with a backslash \ or tick mark ` but textile doesn't seem to support that.

• Hell_Nova

Very much appreciated, everyone. Our Star Wars group is able to make good use of the stats on our Items now.