Assuming his private armies elsewhere suggest a force that would threaten Erinn/The Earls Earldom

marshalljames1
edited March 2022 in General Discussion

My mate has got 1 final question about Erinn and co and in case your wondering Erinn, and later Delphini/his wife, carried out 11 great services for The Empire, 7 of which saw fairly large area's added to Erinns, and now his wives, domain, which was already very sizable

The question is assuming his private armies elsewhere, The GM's decided how he'll arrange it but he won't let me post it in case his players read this, and the enemy only(?) faces the garrison, Erinn, Delphini and the local clergy suggest a force, more likely to be a horde that would threaten Erinn/The Earls, Earldom

Erinns career track was Mercenary-Mercenary Veteran-Mercenary Sergeant-Mercenary Captain-Merchant-Guild Master of A Guild of Mercenaries-Noble(about time too if you ask me) and he finished with 176 advances, saying that though he's almost 50.6 years old

His wives Delphini, her career track was Apprentice Wizard-Journeymen-Wizard-Master Wizard-Wizard Lord-Explorer-Noble and she's got 176 advances, saying that just like Erinn/The Title Holder/her husband, she's almost 50.6 years old

The Earldom is as follows

In it is 123 massive Farms, 63 massive Farming Communities, 44 very large semi-nomadic groups of both tanners and herders, 17 of both large fishing communities and large Logging Communities, 11 large and 3 very large villages, 2 small parts of very large range of hills, 2 fairly large Forests were I can hunt 5 animals for their meats and 2 animal for its pelt, 2 Springs that have healing properties, The Earls 2 very large Good Quality Fortified Manors that are both the size of A Tiny Castle that are both made of 58% Wood and 42% Stone and 1 tiny and 1 very small Towns

It has a population of 9,447

It earns Erinn a minimum of 49,392 Gold Coins per year before Taxes and Church, 39,412 Gold Coins per year after Taxes and Church and before paying the garrison and 5,342 Gold Coins per year after Taxes and Church and after paying the garrison a total of 34,170 Gold per year

As well as which whenever Erinn and/or Delphini are in or near Erinns Earldom he/she/they have access to very good quality fruit, veg, eggs, milk, cheese, beef, Ale, Nuts, Berries, Bread, Beer and Mead that doesn’t cost him/her/them a thing

Not including The Combat Trained Healers and Combat Trained Clergy it can deploy  692 people that are capable of fighting, and they are as follows

Regulars

255 light Archers, 244 light Spearmen, 138 light Axemen, 28 Barber Surgeons that all have with 6 advances and 23 Medium Swordsmen

Wizards

2 Journeymen Wizards of The Lore of Fire that both have 12 advances, 2 Journeymen Wizards of The Lore of Heavens that both have 12 advances and 1 Journeymen Wizard of The Lore of Light that has 15 Advances

The Leaders

4 Pistoliers that all have 13 advances, 4 Targeteers that are all Ex Hunters that all have 30 advances and 2 Captains that both have 50 advances

The Barony has 596 regular healers that consist of 454 Apothecaries, 77 Barber Surgeons, 54 Students trained in Medicine and 11 Physicians

The Barony also has 477 Religious Healers in the form of 70 Initiates, 24 Priests, 10 Prelates, 10 Temple Guardian who are Ex Initiates and 3 Anointed Priests each of Morr, Shallya and Sigmar and 30 Initiates, 8 Priests and 4 Prelates each of Ulric, Verna and Myrmidia

In edition to providing healing those 477 Religious Healers in the form of 70 Initiates, 24 Priests, 10 Prelates, 10 Temple Guardian who are Ex Initiates and 3 Anointed Priests each of Morr, Shallya and Sigmar and 30 Initiates, 8 Priests and 4 Prelates each of Ulric, Verna and Myrmidia also see to the peoples religious needs

And

In case your wondering the minimum of 49,392 Gold Coins per year I mentioned earlier work out as follows

9,447x5 rounded up to 47,235 Gold Coins per year from The people of my Barony

29D6+22x10 Gold Coins per year from selling the surplus meat from the animals I hunt

29D6+22x10 Gold Coins per year from selling the surplus food and drink my domain makes

29D6+22x10 Gold Coins per year from hunters paying to hunt on my land

29D6+22x10 Gold Coins per year from noble born pilgrims

85D6+32 Gold Coins per year in fines for petty crimes

Post edited by marshalljames1 on

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

I think I'm missing it ... what was your mate's question?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• marshalljames1
    What he wants you to do is look over the forces of The Earldom, not including Erinns private Army which The GM will arrange to be elsewhere, and suggest A Invading Force that would have a reasonable chance of destroying it

The GM says that unless something comes up this will be Erinn and his friends last adventure and The GM wants it to be a massive send off, so The Enemy Force must be dangerous enough, large enough and powerful enough to have at least a decent chance of winning

But at the same time it can't be so dangerous, large and powerful that Erinn, the garrison and the combat trained clergy don't also have at least a decent chance of winning

As you imagine the main dangers to the bad guys will be Erinn/The Earl whose in his 7th career, has 176 advances and is A Physical Powerhouse and Delphini/The Earls Wife whose in her 6th career, has 176 advances, is A Magical Powerhouse, and she's also very good at fighting both at range and in melee

On the subject of Delphini being A Magical Powerhouse I can truly say that she spend 15 years as The 1st Female Head of The Light College and later spend 2 years as The 1st Female Supreme Patriarch of The Colleges of Magic, why The GM allowed both of those I don't know
    Post edited by marshalljames1 on
  • thaen
    thaen

I don't think I know the specifics well enough to give a specific answer here.  But if this is the "send off" and they aren't planning to play these characters anymore, then I would look for things that the characters value a lot ... something sentimental to each of the characters, and then build in to the scenario a way that the character can change the tide of the battle by sacrificing that thing that the character has a sentimental value for.  For example, maybe a nearby lord is willing to help ... but wants a hefty gift of one of the income producing properties.

Obsidian Portal Developer