Why would A Noble as powerful as this 1 take the risks that come with being A Adventurer?

marshalljames1
edited February 2022 in General Discussion

As I was bored I decided to use The 1st edition ADAD Version of The Family Background and History and I decided that for a laugh I'd keep doing so until I got fed up of doing so

The thing is after creating 24 characters the 25th 1 character made ended up starting the campaign with more personal belongings then a lot of adventurers end a campaign with and I was wondering, why would A Noble as powerful as this 1 take the risks that come with being A Adventurer?

He is A Very Senior Noble who has inherited not only his homelands Largest Barony but he’s also inherited 3 Vassal Baronies that are all slightly larger then normal

His family tree dates back just under 2,843 years, but his family only became Nobles just over 648 years ago and for most of that The Family as roughly 23.6% slightly more influential and The Barony they ruled is/was only slightly larger then normal

Like I said his family only had 1 slightly larger then normal Barony for most of that time, but both of my characters fathers grandmothers got A slightly larger then normal Barony in their fathers dowry to their husband and after his father stopped a plan to murder the king from even starting the family was given rulership of the countries biggest Barony

More rolls shows that after getting rulership of the countries biggest Barony his father gave The Families original Barony to his most loyal retainer, who is/was rumored to be his illegitimate uncle,  meaning he was rumored to be my characters illegitimate great-uncle, and gave The 2 Baronies that had been The part of The Dowry of both of his Grandmothers to his other 2 Retainers

Rolls on tables The GM mean that of The 3 current, meaning the 1's that serve my character, Vassals 1 is A Level 2D3+1 and I get to choose whether their A Male Magic User or A Female Illusionist, the 2nd is A Female Fighter of Level 1D3+4 and the 3rd is either A Level 9-2D3 Female Thief or A Level 1D3+5-1D4 Male Fighter

In the end my characters 1 Vassals are 1 Male Magic User whose level is 3+2+1 or 6th, 1 Female Fighter whose level is 3+4 or 7th and 1 Female Thief whose level is 9-2-1 or 6th

The total value of the cash and valuables that he has inherited is very close to 84,000 Gold Coins

He’s inherited several dozen magical goodies

He’s Inherited 1 of the biggest magical libraries in The World and even though the characters only 1st level, like all characters are when they start, his Library holds 1 Scroll that holds 2 8th level Spells

He’s inherited A Zoo that’s The 11th biggest Zoo and even though its only The 11th biggest overall it’s the biggest that’s not owned by someone whose Title isn’t Fairly Senior Earl

Theirs even 1 Intelligent Sword and 3 Minor Artefacts, 1's A Deck of Many Things with 17 Cards, 1's A Philosophers Stone and 1's 1 my Mate Invented which is called The Bands of Shiiba

The way The Bands of Shiiba works is as follows

They can only be used by Magic Users and Illusionists

The Wearer gains Thieving Abilities equal to those of A 9th level Dex 19 Human Thief, +another 3D3% to every Thieving Ability, sadly no ability can exceed 99%, even worse is that this applies even in Campaigns were A Thieves Thieving Abilities can exceed 99%

Annoying he/she only counts as having A Dex of 19 for the benefit of The Thieving Abilities these give him/her, otherwise his/her Dex is what it normally is for other things, for example his/her Armor Class

After making The Rolls this means The slightly higher then normal Thieving Abilities that they give my character are Climb Walls 99%, Find Traps 77%, Hear Noise 43%, Hide in Shadows 79%, Move Quietly 83%, Open Locks 92%, Pick Pockets 88% and Read Languages 48%

Post edited by marshalljames1 on