Why would A Future Earl become A Adventurer?

marshalljames1
edited February 2022 in General Discussion

I have a question about A 2nd edition Warhammer Roleplay Campaign, don't worry its not the 1 with Delphini in it but The  GM is using The Same Family, History and Background tables that The GM of The Campaign with Delphini in it made and used

The problem is that 1 of The Pcs ended up starting in The Noble Career and her rolls on The Same Family, History and Background tables resulted in her 19 year old Male Character being A Earls Heir

Luckily, if you can call it that, The Character will 1 day only(?) be The Most Minor Earl in History and The Earldom he will inherit is only(?) The Smallest Earldom in The World

What my mate, I estimate that roughly 67.4% of my mates are GM's, wants to know is why would A Future Earl become A Adventurer?

1 thing I thought my GM mate could do is that because they intend to do both Paths of The Dammed and A Much Harder Version of Terror in Talabheim is for him to insert A Prophecy that The Future Earl is destined to help save The Warhammer World as a whole and The Empire in particular not once but twice

The reason that I think this would be a brilliant idea is because my mates group is going to do both Paths of The Dammed and A Much Harder Version of Terror in Talabheim and by completing both campaigns The Future Earl really will help save The Warhammer World as a whole and The Empire in particular not once but twice

Post edited by marshalljames1 on

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Prophecy sounds good, but the GM could also put it back on the Player.  Have the Player come up with the reason the Character is an Adventurer.  If the Player doesn't have a reason, then the Character basically retires before he even starts, and the Player just rolls up a different Character.  Some reasons might be boredom, religious belief (pilgrimage type thing), the Earldom is only a name with a bunch of debts, the Earldom is in disrepute and the Character wants to build up it's status, searching for a lost friend/item/location important to the Earldom, etc.

Obsidian Portal Developer