How to justify The Imperium not figuring out the truth after almost 67.5 in-game years?

marshalljames1
edited February 2022 in General Discussion

Over the last few weeks I've been reviewing A Drinax Campaign that ran for almost 52 real months and almost 67.5 in-game years, that got halted because of Carona but the only official adventure we haven't done, yet is Finale and I'm hoping, despite the fact that I've stopped being A Full Time GM, to finish it

But now that I think about its theirs loads that doesn't make sense, after all among other things The Pcs have pulled off over 30,000 Cargo Thefts, stole and sold almost 1,100 Ships, stole and kept 179 Ships, they came up with A plan that took 4.2 years to arrange but it resulted in them managing to kidnap Krond, The Old Lady. The Regent of Bryni, The New Ruler of Tech World, Commander Streyland and The Duke's Niece at the same time and netted ransoms totaling almost Cr 2.2 Billion, committed almost 700 murders that suited their plans, have arranged over 6,000 murders that suited their plans, have captured and looted 11 Treasure Ships, captured and sold back to The Imperium 3 Treasure Ships and captured and kept 1 Treasure Ship

Yet despite all those things, and several dozen thousand more, The Imperium hasn't been able to get enough proof of Drinax's involvement to justify destroying Drinax, I know its my fault for getting caught up in the campaign, having too much fun, pleasure enjoyment and excitement GM'ing and not taking the time to realize how unrealistic the campaign became almost 2 years ago by our time and almost 42.5 years ago by The Games time

What I should have realized is that The Imperium would have learned the truth and gathered enough evidence to justify destroying Drinax within a maximum of 2 decades to a quarter of a century not take almost 64.4 years to learn the truth and even just over another 3.1 years later still not have enough evidence to justify The Duke of Tobia ordering The Destruction of Drinax

Then Carona happened and I had more then enough time to think realistically about how if The Campaign was even remotely realistic The Imperium would have wiped Drinax off The Star Maps at least almost 42.5 years ago, but not its far too late for that, as in well over 4 decades too late

So how do I justify The Imperium not figuring it out after almost 67.5 years?, I mean I know The Imperium can be dumb at times, sometimes very dumb, but this is beyond my abilities to reasonably justify

Here's more info

Bounties wise all 6 Pcs have A Bounty of Cr 1,099,245,000 on their heads

The Pcs command a total of 217 Ships

The Ships individually mass between 100 tons and 60,000 tons each and they have a combined mass of 786,800 tons

In terms of The Battle for Drinax those 198 Ships are worth 269 Fighting Dice and 11 Capital Ships

But 8 of those 11 Capital Ships are 50,000 ton Mega Freighters they converted into Capital Ship Sized Carriers using the procceeds of 28 Ships Insurance Scams per Ship

The other 2 are both 60,000 ton Aslan Bombers that had 7 prior owners that they bought with the proceeds of 30 Ships Insurance Scams each

And

The other is A 100,000 ton Freighter they converted into A Carrier that was paid for with with the proceeds of 50 Ships Insurance Scams

When it comes to Supply base’s they have 11 that consist of 7 large, 3 very large and 1 Massive sized Supply Base's

When it comes to Starbase’s they have 2

1 is The Starbase at Wildeman that has A Class B Starbase with A Construction Capacity of 600 tons

And

The other is The Starbase from Treasure of Sindal that has A Class B Starbase with A Construction Capacity of 600 tons

Post edited by marshalljames1 on

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

"So how do I justify The Imperium not figuring it out after almost 67.5 years?, I mean I know The Imperium can be dumb at times, sometimes very dumb, but this is beyond my abilities to reasonably justify"

It doesn't have to be that they didn't figure it out.  They could have known, but didn't see it as worthwhile to deal with.  Or that there were bigger fish to fry.  Or just that they were inefficient at dealing with the issue.  Or incompetent.  The US's War on Drugs is an example of an empire trying to do something and failing.  Also, nothing happens in government unless it benefits someone in government to do something about it ... so if no politician noticed a way to benefit from pursuing Drinax, then the issue would never get any attention, and could continue for decades unhindered.

Obsidian Portal Developer