What are your thoughts on what Delphini paid and the reasoning behind a lot of the payments?

marshalljames1
edited February 2022 in General Discussion

Yesterday my mate and his group decided to raise money for charity by being sponsored to see how long they could stay awake for and decided to help stay awake longer then they normally would by starting their campaign

Why did they get me to ask all those questions about things that may not happen?, I don't know, but before falling asleep they racked up 1 day short of 14 months on in-game time and 4 very long adventures that all lasted between 2 and a half and 4 and a half months on in-game time that all earned the 4 Pcs both quite a lot of loot and a fairly large bit of XP

Their now in their 2nd Career, Delphini paid off her debt to The Light College less then 70 minutes after it was officially registered, what she paid, were it came from, the rather weird logic behind a lot of the payments and a lot of information that may mate thinks, and I agree, is relevant. What are your thoughts on what Delphini paid and the reasoning behind a lot of the payments?

The information that may mate thinks, and I agree, is relevant

On the subject of The 5,100 Gold Coins her adopted brother paid he claims he did it because he was returning the favor she did him when she saved his life 16 years, 4 months, 2 weeks and 1 day before he paid The Light College 5,100 Gold Coins to wipe Delphinis Debts

That period of 16 years, 4 months, 2 weeks and 1 day works out as she did it 11 days before her adopted brother turned 7, the campaign started 66 days after he turned 22 and so far the campaign has lasted 1 day short of 1 year, 2 months

Saying that though the truth is that even though she’s only(?) his adopted sister he loves her as if she was his actual sister

That is the main reason, but theirs s lot of minor reasons, why her entire debt was wiped clean less then 70 minutes after she became A Journeymen Wizard, which is great for Delphini/The Journeymen Wizard Pc

I’m not sure if The Light College is pleased about the debt being paid off less then 70 minutes after it was officially registered but their GM, whose my mate, says that no College of Magic can legally refuse a sum even half the size of the sum she’s offering to pay

But whether that's a official part of 2nd edition WFRP or whether its something he added or changed?, I don't know, but even if it isn't a official part of 2nd edition WFRP I know that if I ever GM another  2nd edition campaign that I'll use it

So

The sum Delphini is offering to pay is derived from the following figures

5,100 Gold Coins that The Person that’s both her adopted Brother and The Empires Most Senior Baron paid

She choose to pay triple the normal amount Journeymen Wizards normally pay or 20x3 or 60 Gold Coins to get her Journeymen Wizards License

75 Gold Coins as 10% of 1 years wages for someone with 5 Advances that gets triple the wage that he or she would normally get, so 10% of 250x3 or 750 Gold Coins

Legally Delphini paid but in truth The Mercenary paid 120 Gold Coins as 10% of the value of the properties she bought with cash she earned from taking 3 bribes that each consisted of 400 Gold Coins that she used to buy 3 Farms that are each worth 400 Gold Coins that each net her 44 Gold Coins per year

169 Silver Coins, 110 Brass Pennies, 11 Gold Coins in cash and 4 Gold Coins worth of furs as 10% of what she earned before becoming A Journeymen Wizard, keen, isn’t she?

13 Gold Coins and 2 Silver Coins as 10% of 1 years earnings from her properties

135 Gold Coins as 10% of her share of the 1,350x4 or 5,200 Gold we got in hush money to not prove that The supposedly Mythical Beast of Bogen actually exists

We all spend our 1,350 Gold Coins share on 1,350 Gold Coins worth of Land and Property that nets The Owner 72 Gold Coins per year

This means that despite being freed Slaves 3 of The 4 Pcs each legally own 3,355 Gold Coins worth of Land and Property that nets The Owner 254 Gold Coins per year, brilliant for freed slaves

My GM mate says that the number of people that believe in The Skaven that haven't been declared legally insane outnumber the number of people that believe in Mythical Beast of Bogen by a factor of almost x5

My GMa mate says that it works out that he decided that their are 9,418 people that believe in The Skaven that haven't been declared legally insane but their is only 1,893 people that believe in Mythical Beast of Bogen

473 Gold Coins and 4 Silver Coins as 10% of 13 months earnings from 3 very Powerful Magic Items The GM made that belong to The Baron that between them earn all 4 Pcs 285+50D3+22D2 Gold Coins per month

98 Gold Coins worth of Silver Tassels and 2 Silver Coins as 10% of 13 months earnings from 1 Mark 3 Mag of Moderate Tassels that The GM made that belong to The Baron that earn all 4 Pcs 7D6+35 Gold Coins worth of Silver Tassels

Total

5,987 Gold Coins in cash, 177 Silver Shillings in cash, 110 Brass Pennies in cash, 98 Gold Coins worth of Silver Tassels and 4 Gold Coins worth of Animal Furs

Post edited by marshalljames1 on