Q from Star Trex in Traveller

marshalljames1

I'm a big fan of both The Q from Star Trex and Traveller and have a question. How to use The Q in Traveller?

Here are some ideas for how to show the kind of powers The Q have

In their 1st appearance here's a few ideas on how to show their power

Things like obliterate all life in existence then restoring it and only The Pcs remember, make all The Pcs Nobles worth 2 Billion Cr each then change it so they're terrorists wanted throughout known space then change it so they've got a fully paid of 800 ton ship then change it back to normal

Reveal that The Q had a brief, by Q standards which means roughly 10,000 years, period were they were bored out of their skulls and amused themselves by making The Ancients as strong as they were and 3 Millenium later they were bored enough to cause The Ancients extinction

Reveal that individual Q being bored caused things such as the end of the 1st and 2nd Imperiums, the entire K'ree race becoming herbivores roughly 17,000 years earlier then they originally did, making The Aslan become sentient roughly 100,000 years earlier then they originally did, the destruction of the original Drinax, The Zhodanni Race having the potential to havw so many Psionics and Oleb having the chance to rebuild Drinax

Reveal that many Millenium ago they were responsible for setting in motion on Earth things such as America abolishing slavery 3 centuries earlier then it originally did, making sure that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor so that America would enter World War 2 which means the goodies win and ensuring The Goodies won both World Wars A Decade or so earlier then they originally did

Have 1 particular Member of The Q whose basically A Juvenile Delinquent Version of The member of The Q that appears in Star Trex the most appear in a lot of sessions, have him appear when he's bored and maybe in his 1st 3 or 4 appearances he tries to help but being A Juvenile Q that doesn't understand much about any race, especially Humans no matter what he does or tries to do he makes the situation worse

Another idea for this Member of The Q whose A Actual Juvenile Delinquent Version of The member of The Q that appears in Star Trex the most it to have him take a none romantic liking to A Pc, kind of like the 1 in Star Trex does to Pickard

When I say that this particular Member of The Q whose basically A Juvenile Delinquent Version of The member of The Q I mean that I think that The Q that appears in Star Trex the most isn't A Juvenile Delinquent rather he gets a buzz out of making mortals thinks that he's Juvenile Delinquent by Q Standard's

Kind of like with Pickard make The Pc he takes a liking to The 1 Pc, if their is 1, that had A Mishap in their career that left him or her permanently injured, he or she gets to go back in time and stop it even starting

But when he or she gets back he or she realizes that they were branded a spineless worthless coward and he or she realizes that A Timeline in which he or she suffered that mishap is better then 1 in which he or she didn't suffer that mishap

As another idea if The Pcs and The GM are doing Drinax maybe have The Juvenile Q do something similiar to what Q did with Pickard and The Borg and introduce them to A New Race that if he hadn't then none of the races of known space would have encountered them for 2 to 3 centuries

Maybe even have Q justify it as Q knowing that Olebs plan to rebuild Drinax was doomed before it even got to the planning stage and have him tell The Pcs he introduced them to this new race because with the help of this new Race Drinax has a chance

Another idea I've had is to show that even The Q can produce some of the worse scum that ever lived

1 example is that 2 of them caused The Sinking of The Titanic because they had a bet to see how many would survive

Another example is that 2 of them causing September The 11th because they had a bet to see how long The War against Terrorism would last

A 3rd example is that 2 of them caused Small Pox because they had a bet to see how many millions of people would die before a cure was created

I'm thinking along the idea of him being A Semi-Regular Npc who pops up when he's bored and uses The Pcs for amusement, kind of like a sort of comic relief but with a unique twist and the unique twist is that this Traveller Version of Q will be the comic relief but it'll be done in a way that he'll think The Pcs are the comic relief

1 idea I like is that due to him being being A 8 year Child by Q standards(so we're talking roughly 2.4 million years old) and he knows almost nothing about Humans

Another idea I like is that because he's A 8 year old Child by Q standards and at the time of his 1st appearance he knows almost nothing about Humans he will have a tendency to be a lot more helpful when he's not trying to be helpful then when he is trying to be helpful

1 example of him being very helpful when when he's not trying to be is The Pcs Ship about to crash and blow up killing everyone onboard, Q plans to reverse time and stop it but before he does he wants to watch them die

He turns up, its not happening fast enough, he decides to see what its like to lean on a console in a way that he thinks someone would if they owned the ship and by chance his elbow push's the 1 button that the consoles operator, somehow, didn't push, its the right button and the ship and everyone on it is saved