Line breaks

Hypnobeard
Hypnobeard
edited December 2008 in Bug Reports

Comments

• Hypnobeard
    Hypnobeard
    Hi there!

I'm trying to edit the wiki for my campaign, using textile. I'm not doing anything particularly complicated--headers and basic tables, mostly.

The problem I'm having is that *some* line breaks are getting eaten when I save the page, so the textile formatting is broken. I can't mix HTML and Textile formatting either (for example, using HTML header tags and Textile table tagging), because the HTML comes out fine but the Textile doesn't get processed at all.

I do not have the WYSIWYG editor enabled, and I'm not using the built-in toolbar to format text--this is all hand-entered.

I'm using IE6SP2.

Help?
  • Hypnobeard
    Hypnobeard
    Additional information:

Problem occurs in Chrome v1.0.154.36 as well. Workaround is apparently to put an extra line before and after headers:

lorum ipsum lorum ipsum

h2. Lorum Ipsum

lorum ipsum lorum ipsum
  • ryan
    ryan
    Is it only in Chrome? Have you tried any other broswers?
  • Iafelperrwyn
    Iafelperrwyn
    I have this problem in Firefox 3.0.5 as well, and a player of mine just complained of the same thing to me for editing his character [I don't know what browser he's using, but I'll go find out]. Apparently _all_ linebreaks have been eaten on his page, unless he double-enters, so he's either got an unformatted wall of text or he has double-spacing, which he doesn't want. I told him to put in tags for now, but I don't imagine he's going to like having to do that on every page [I'm not terribly fond of it myself and I'm used to using HTML]. I've got at least one page where I was bashing my head against a wall trying to fix the paragraphs; one was a simple line break, but the very next one was double-spaced.
  • TheLastGasp
    TheLastGasp
    I'm using Firefox 3.0.5 as well. Ah jeez is it annoying, as it mucks up tables too. suppose it's double space for me for now, as I haven't grabbed any other browsers for Ubuntu yet.
  • Iafelperrwyn
    Iafelperrwyn
    Any update on this? On pages like http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/perrwyn/wikis/calendar I can't seem to figure out any rhyme or reason behind what gets a double line break or what gets a single - and that's when I'm trying to _force_ double lines [either by putting in two carriage returns, or with a tag; I get the same result either way], just so I can have _some_ level of consistency.