Items - option to allow edits from everyone

jodie
jodie

Have a wee checkbox on items that mark them as group items and allow anyone to edit them. Currently they behave like PCs by default I think. 

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Can you give some details on the scenario you'd use this?  Like what kind of item would this be?  And when/why would multiple Players want to Edit it?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• jodie
    jodie

A shared resource like a container everyone can access (with potions or gold), a mode of transport, artifacts fixed in place used at a fortress or something. 

You might want to update because you've used the resources (potions, gold, charges), or because you've purchased upgrades (gun implacements, spikes on the wheels, whatever).

My actual use cases are a wand of secrets that's shared, and a business bank account for a tavern. I've just given ownership to the most invested player, but obviously I'd prefer to encourage ownership in the others too. 

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks for the details!  Sounds reasonable.  I've added this feature request to the list.

Obsidian Portal Developer