herf?

Gully
Gully
edited December 2008 in Campaign Portal Building

Comments

• Gully
    Gully
    I could have sworn I saw somthing in one of these posts about using herf tags to make lonnnnnnnngggg wikki pages more usable. I might have the name for it wrong.

The idea is to creat a link, like a foot, note that automaticaly jumps to another area of the page (specificaly where the foot note or in this case the herf is).

I didn't see it in the advance edit help but would love to implement it in some of my work.

PLEASE help, or am I just going cazy and didn't see any of this?
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    You use the < a name = "blah" > to mark the location of the footnote, and then you use < a href = "#blah" > to create a hyperlink to that footnote.

I'm guessing the problem is not that you're spelling it "herf" when it should be "href".
  • Gully
    Gully
    Thanks for the reply, I wasn't trying it out originaly cause I knew the syntax was diffrent than I remembered.

That will help alot
  • Gully
    Gully
    Just did some work with it , below is what i plan on doing what do you think?

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/1142/wikis/nuelm-calander-current#30
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Aside from the syntax seeming reversed on the 17th, looks great! =)
  • Gully
    Gully
    Yhea thats a strange thing its the only one doing it, I've rechecked the code a dozen times and it is corect. not sure whats going on, when I take that out the 18th will do it.