Hello

Nous
edited December 2008 in Player Lounge

Comments

• Nous
    Hello, everyone.
    I'm Nous, a rather obsessive GM. I've been playing D&D for over eight years and love constructing campaign settings very much. Although I do not currently have any players (my usual group is busier than usual...for that matter, so am I), my zeal for my dauntingly expansive setting has not diminished.
    In addition to the epic multiverse that I'm creating for D&D simpliciter, I am also attempting to include d20 Modern, d20 Future, d20 Past/Pulp Heroes, d20 BESM, and d20 Silver Age Sentinels into a bloated metasetting. Bloated and daunting though it may be, the (hopefully seamless) integration of various campaign flavors intrigues my inner child.

Er, indeed.
  • DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    Welcome to the site! You will find it an invaluable tool for getting your ideas together and making them shiny.

And don't fret that you're presently without players. I'm currently finishing up "a campaign":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/cold-blood that I conceived waaay back in 1995. You never know when time spent obsessively world-building will pay off!
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Hi Nous!

My GM (Florimel here) is also big on having lots of settings, and he has no qualms whatsoever about dropping us into different settings in the middle of a given campaign just to reinforce that they're all connected in one big Yggdraverse. Thankfully he hasn't had the savage desert raiders end up in Los Angeles yet, but the key word is *"yet"*!

I'm not sure if anything he's got archived here would be useful to you, but he did drop his email address onto one of the wiki pages, so if you ever want to pick his brain, go scope out "Encyclopedia Yggdraversica":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/andyverse and click the "Links and Thank Yous" page.
  • Nous
    Thanks, you guys. Your words were very encouraging and I look forward to fleshing out my campaign(s) here whenever possible.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    I just need to update. Remember how I said "yet"? Yeah, it happened last session. (sigh) =)