Is there a way to add a few dynamic tracking boxes to character sheets?

Jennifer
Jennifer

I have no idea if this is possible, but I'm wondering if it's possible to add a dynamic form box to a character sheet page so that you could just click on the box and type in a number and it will save the number, so you can edit the value without having to click on the Edit button, find the thing you want to edit, and then re-save the entire sheet.  This would be a boon for tracking some numbers that tend to change a lot, like current hit points, so that my players don't have to track their numbers on pieces of scratch paper and wind up losing them between sessions.

I only want to add a few fields like this, not create an entire style sheet, but I'm not sure if that's possible.  If anyone knows of a way to do it, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Jennifer
    Jennifer

What would also work would be to have a field with a button you could click to increment the field, and another button to reset the field.

If you can't tell, my knowledge of html is along the lines of "make this bold" or "put a link here". :P

• thaen
    thaen

These are great ideas!

What Character Sheet or DSTs do y'all use?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• thaen
    thaen

Okay, so you're using just straight HTML in the Character page, not a DST.  Interesting.

My first reaction was that this wouldn't work, but on second thought there's some possibility here.  Let me chew on this for a bit.  No promises.

If we can put something together, would you be willing to beta test it and give us your feedback?

• thaen
    thaen

And anyone else that would be interested in beta testing something like this, feel free to chime in!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer

Sure!

• ragnarhawk

This could also be used to address the request a while back to be able to track completed quests...  You could have a dynamic field next to the quest, and just update it without needing to edit the page.

I would be up for beta testing such an idea

• thaen
    thaen

@ragnarhawk, great point!  Beta test interest noted!