Custom side menu items

NimrodYanai
NimrodYanai
edited May 3 in Feature Requests

We should have a way to add a custom side menu items using different, built in templates.

For example, adding a menu item for "Monsters" that will act like the items page, or a custom "Quests" menu item that will act like the Adventure Log one.

Post edited by NimrodYanai on

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

I fully support this request! I love it.

All the best,
    - Kallak

Inner Council Member
    CotM Selection Committee
    Writer/Editor - Words In The Dark
    Obsidian Portal Community and Content Manager
    GameMaster - Crucible of the Blacksoul (CotM for Jan. 2013)

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks for posting this request!

If we see some more of the community support this request, then we can redirect some dev time to it and get a beta version together for some of y'all to test out.

I know some of the users have been using the custom css and html directly in their pages to simulate this, but that solution requires every page to have the custom html, and so it can be a headache if you want to go add or remove a menu item because you have to edit every page.

• DungeonMasterLoki
    DungeonMasterLoki

Indeed. I miss the Items functionality, if for no other reason than I liked the way that things were linked and displayed. Being able to designate particular menu items that give that functionality would be great for everything from Planar Cartography to Sects and Factions! 

Planejammer Panopticon: Central Hub for the Planejammer Campaign Series

Current Active Games:

Planejammer: Catch My Drift! (Starfinder RPG)

Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder RPG) Campaign of the Year 2011

• thaen
    thaen

@DungeonMasterLoki, Items is still available, it's just turned off by default in a campaign.

Go into the "Settings" on your campaign.

Click on the "Advanced" tab.

Check the "Show Items Section (Not Recommended)" checkbox.

Click Save.

And Items will show up in your side menu.

• thaen
    thaen

There is a beta version of Custom Navigation now available.  It's simply a wholesale replacement of the default navigation with whatever HTML you enter.  If anyone is interested in trying out this beta feature, let me know and I'll add you to the beta.