The sidebars keep getting wider and wider

Jennifer
Jennifer

I make my character sheets in columns so that I can read them easily, but the web page sidebars keep getting wider and wider while the readable area keeps getting narrower and narrower for no apparent reason.  Why is the readable text area of the character page less than 1/3 of the width of the screen and cannot be made any wider?  It's getting to the point where the website is useless to me due to unreadability.

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Do you have a link to an example where this is taking place?

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • gastoff
    gastoff

The CSS to alter the page width for the character sheet page is:

body.character-show #content {max-width: INSERT-WIDTH-HERE ;}

Manipulating the max-width for that page should widen the text area.

• Salvatos

At a resolution of 1600x900, the #content div is set to max-width: 1024px;, and then the main content area uses 58.3333% of that. That seems rather ridiculous.

In addition, and perhaps this is different on a paid account, but the right sidebar doesn’t even contain anything useful. It could just be two links under the main content div and you would free up approximately 25% of #content’s width.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Free account users can increase the max-width of the #content area (Advanced portion of the Settings tab), however, this does increase the widths of the nav and sidebar as well since those are percentage based.

Space saved by using the collapsed nav (Style portion of the Settings tab) is added to the main content section only, but the sidebar is still something of an issue in terms of width due to the overall size increase.

I'll bring the issue up in the next team meeting, see what I can get done.

Edit: the paid account does offer some additional functionality for the sidebar, such as page auto-outlining. But I do agree that for the free account, it can burn up more space than is optimal

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Salvatos

Ah, I would have expected something like that to be in the Style tab (and in fact didn’t expect it to be provided at all). Thanks for pointing it out!