Player's Journal

Conan_Lybarian
Conan_Lybarian

Talking to one of my players, they brought up an idea specifically for themselves and my group. I, as the GM/Ascendant manner, have access to all secrets, adventure logs, forum posts, etc.. What she wants is the option for her personal journal/to keep her notes online and to be able to have them right there and convenient when we play (online), that only she can see. I personally think it would be an awesome feature- and maybe a way to get the players *themselves* a little more active on the portal and OP in general.

Comments

• Abersade
    Abersade

Does the Player Secret section on their character sheet not fit the bill because the GM can still see it?

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

@Abersade -Correct on that. Plus- it's the idea of having a feature just for her. I suppose it could have a "player only" viewing option to make it visible to the GM if she chooses? But I bet some people would put out a buck or 2 for something like that. Hell, it cost money for pen and paper- why not the equivalent, but online. Maybe an extra add on to the GM Ascendant, or some sort of Player level or something. 

• Abersade
    Abersade

I like the idea. Maybe a way to implement it would be to just change the default behavior for the Player Secret section to allow the secret to be viewable only by the player that created it by default instead of the player and always the GM? I would think that this would be a very easy change on the backend but given the way things were put together after the Reforge who knows (other than the Devs and likely Kallak anyways).

I get the impression from the way the classes were named and the way certain features were implemented initially that the idea behind it was to have the GM doing pretty much everything and gatekeeping that information. Which is basically the exact way every campaign on the site actually ends up working, whether we as the GMs want it to or not usually. XD

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

I would love to see this. As an additional option or alternative allow completely secret forum discussions that allow the creator to choose who can and can not see the discussion. 

• killervp
    killervp

I really like both the original suggestion, but even more @jaymesbolton suggestion of a secret forum not necessarily run by the gm- my players used discord separately for just this purpose.

Just trying to help out.

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Yeah, that's the thing @killervp. I really want features that keep my player on OP. I think a lot of people use these outside services for that stuff. But the more I can keep them on OP, the better.

• killervp
    killervp

Agreed- great idea!

Just trying to help out.