Textile links to wiki from NPC tracker and "NPC in Campaign"

Comments

• LordWelkerfan
    LordWelkerfan
    What does it do?

It would be great if I could use the Textile linking format to link to wiki pages from the NPC tracker. I know that currently one can do HTML links, but that is a great hassle. Also, I know that I could simply make NPCs have wiki pages, but the NPC tracker has a very convenient format that I enjoy using.

If the different structures of the two systems make this unworkable, would making a new field entitled "NPC in Campaign", similar to the "PC in Campaign" field, make it easier for this linking to work?

What does it look like?

This is simply allowing the Textile linking to work in Character pages. The "NPC in Campaign" field looks and works just like the corresponding PC field, other than that it probably shouldn't display NPCs in the Main Page sidebar.
  • redstar
    redstar
    I agree this would be a nice bit of added connection between the different sections. One way to get around this though is just use the wiki markup to make an actual link to the right page. For example:

[[Crescent Downs]]
    ...becomes...
    "Crescent Downs":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/fogdown/wikis/crescent-downs
  • LordWelkerfan
    LordWelkerfan
    That's true, but it would be much easier to use the Textile. Mostly a convenience thing.