What the hell do I gotta do to get my campaign listed?

Snargash_Moonclaw
Snargash_Moonclaw
edited October 2008 in Bug Reports

Comments

• Snargash_Moonclaw
    Snargash_Moonclaw
    I just checked again - the number of GURPS campaigns has gone up by one (from 11 to 12), but mine is not the new one. Clearly, what (or who) ever adds campaigns to the list is working, so what gives?
  • Snargash_Moonclaw
    Snargash_Moonclaw
    Well, it's not the presence of punctuation in the name. (I tried deleting the comma, still no listing.) Yet there is another new GURPS campaign added today. Looking at other campaign pages I can see nothing to indicate why mine isn't appearing.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Are you sure your campaign is public?
  • Snargash_Moonclaw
    Snargash_Moonclaw
    yup - I believe it has to be as a free account, it's published as well
  • bevinflannery
    bevinflannery
    Redstar -- it's public enough for me to see it, and I'm not involved in it.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Sillyfaeire, Did you ever pick a "Game System"? In the top right corner, after you've logged in, under "Manage Campaign". Go to "Edit Settings" and then select a game system. It could be that if you didn't pick one (after reading your homepage it looks like you use a very different game system) the site doesn't know how to register your game.
  • Snargash_Moonclaw
    Snargash_Moonclaw
    Yup - it's set to GURPS. I haven't been able to find anything in the settings that would account for the invisibility. All links to it work - like from my profile info, but it won't show up when you search campaigns for the name or browse them alphabetically.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Strangely enough, when you try searching for just "of" in the Campaigns search bar, it returns a 404 error. You might want to test removing the "of" from the beginning of the campaign title and see if that works. I rated your campaign to see if that did anything to it, but... nope... it didn't.

*EDIT:* Looks like "if", "of", "or", "with" also return errors.
  • Snargash_Moonclaw
    Snargash_Moonclaw
    GAH - still no good - searching "Regarding" finds campaigns but not mine. Seems also that "in" and "with" give the same error msg. I appreciate your giving thought to the problem and thanks for the high rating.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Yeah sorry I can't help out, I think it's an admin problem at this point :\ No problem about the high rating - I'm interested to see how your game shapes up!
  • Snargash_Moonclaw
    Snargash_Moonclaw
    Well left a msg to the site folks (via "contact us") and haven't heard back yet. I just now posted a test entry into the Campaign Log and my setting is now listed. I didn't check if it was just before posting the log stub so I can't be certain that admin hadn't fixed it earlier today, but most likely the problem was the empty log.