Space and beyond

Gully
Gully
edited October 2008 in General Discussion

Comments

• Gully
    Gully
    Ok I am curently looking for concept art, unfortunantly all I find is starwars, statrek, or the anime space navy type stuff. A lil bit of B5 rounds this slection off.

Dose any one know of any good sites to get ideas on this?

I am terrible at graphic designe otherwise I'd make it my self.
  • bevinflannery
    bevinflannery
    You might try "Elfwood":http://www.elfwood.com or "DeviantArt.":http://www.deviantart.com
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Are you familiar with kitbashing? That's where people take elements from two or more "canonical" ships and put them together in a different way. Apparently some of the later "canonical" ships in Trek arose from kitbashing - which makes sense from a budget standpoint.

Still, if you want something that looks viable as a spaceship or space station without looking like you totally ripped off an extant storyline, you might do a web search for "star trek kitbash" or "star wars kitbash".
  • IceBob
    IceBob
    Almost all of the models for ships in the original Star Wars were created that way - which is why they look relatively rough and have all sorts of strange little details (though the Star Destroyers were made individually).
  • Snargash_Moonclaw
    Snargash_Moonclaw
    What specifically are you looking for? If you want ships I might be able to capture some screen shots out of "Galactic Civilizations" - it will display any battles that occur and the graphics are pretty good. Plus, all of your own ships during play are highly customizable out of 4 basic template sets.
  • Gully
    Gully
    Thanks for the help guys that actualy puts it into perspective.

The funniest thing is I have Gal Civ, and never thought of it till Sillfaerie said somthing.

I'll try all of your sugestions
  • Snargash_Moonclaw
    Snargash_Moonclaw
    cool - the graphics are excellent for their modular nature. Displaying fleet battles as video is very cool, esp. since you can select perspective as well as capture weapons fire images.