Flavorful NPCs

Conan_Lybarian
Conan_Lybarian

I'm always a fan of a good NPC. My favorite is a shameless theft of Buzzard from the comic series The Goon. The idea of an intelligent reverse-zombie has always been just so.... "D&D" to me. Who are some good NPCs you've made or interacted with that should totally adventure into other campaigns?

Comments

• ragnarhawk

Theft is always good wink  My players seemed to really enjoy meeting Mr Olesen from Little House on the Prairie as Elmar Barthen, the shopkeeper in Phandalin (Lost Mine starter set), and Linda Hunt as sharp-eyed, sharper-tongued Aunt Quelline (widowed halfling farmer - aunt of one of the pregens) in the same module

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

That is fantastic! I really need to broaden my scope for source material for my games

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

For each recurring NPC in my campaign, at the beginning of the GM-Only section I have a little note to remind me which actor or familiar character to base them on.

Charlie Sheen, Ewan MacGregor, Sandra Bernhard, Galadriel, Steve Irwin, Marge Gunderson (Fargo), Mel Sharples (the cook from Alice), Jack Bauer (24), and Elrond Half-Elven are all regular cast members.

They don't have to be perfect imitations; they're there to help me separate speech and mannerisms between my different NPCs.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

My NPC's for my current campaign take up several pages. I had to sort them by organization

https://shadows-over-new-york.obsidianportal.com/wikis/npcs

I also include the PCs from previous campaigns as NPC's on their own page

https://shadows-over-new-york.obsidianportal.com/wikis/heroes

Feel free to look em over, and borrow any and all you like :)