Curse you, Photobucket!!

UselessTriviaMan
UselessTriviaMan

I'd heard about the policy changes over at Photobucket, but I'd managed to avoid all the crappy fallout until now.

Photobucket has added a watermark to every image I have hosted there, which includes the navigation buttons on every single one of my ~1700 wiki pages. I'm gonna have to go through and edit every f**kin' one of them to fix this.

This makes me a sad panda.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Wow, that's rough! Sorry to hear about that.

All the best,
    - Kallak

Inner Council Member
    CotM Selection Committee
    Writer/Editor - Words In The Dark
    Obsidian Portal Community and Content Manager
    GameMaster - Crucible of the Blacksoul (CotM for Jan. 2013)

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Oof! That is grueling just to think about. Sorry to hear that! Although I've gone through some of your stuff and don't see any watermarks. Either you're that much of a beast to already get it done, or maybe you're not as totally boned? Good luck either way

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I was morbidly curious, but dont see any either.

• killervp
    killervp

I didn't catch any

Just trying to help out.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I gave in and paid the $5 ransom fee, because I have images saved there that I wasn't able to access without the watermark. But now it turns out that even with a paid subscription I can't seem to get to my own damn images. I'm canceling, deleting my account, and flipping off Photobucket as I go.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

That's rough man :-( I'm not an emoji kind of guy, but I feel like "sad face" is the best way to convey feeling totally bummed for you