Using table puts weird "thead" text in my page

Songwind
Songwind

I created a table on this page and after saving it, I see something pretty strange. Before the table, but after the paragraph that precedes it, the thead open and closing tags appear,with a bunch of white space in between.

In "Inspect" mode in Chrome, it appears to be a normal p tag with text inside.

In the edittor, it doesn't appear at all, in either WYSIWYG or source mode.

Any ideas what caused this, or what I can do to fix it?

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

it looks as though the thead tag isn't being recognized and so is just being parsed as plain text. I'd say just use standard row and style if/as desired.

All the best,
    - Kallak

Inner Council Member
    CotM Selection Committee
    Writer/Editor - Words In The Dark
    Obsidian Portal Community and Content Manager
    GameMaster - Crucible of the Blacksoul (CotM for Jan. 2013)

• Songwind
    Songwind

It was the editor's table creator that did it that way, which is the real root of my confusion.

• Kallak
    Kallak

CKEditor has never been a perfect fit for the site, which is why it was moved back to the secondary position behind the original Textile editor. It's functional, but has a few oddities with some things. We can tweak things with it, but since it's a third party product, we can only go so far.

All the best,
    - Kallak

Inner Council Member
    CotM Selection Committee
    Writer/Editor - Words In The Dark
    Obsidian Portal Community and Content Manager
    GameMaster - Crucible of the Blacksoul (CotM for Jan. 2013)

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I strongly recommend that you switch from the CkEditor to the Textile editor. Go to Settings -> Advanced and change the Markup Parser there to Textile (redcloth 4). This should significantly improve your results. :)

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith