Hello

Jennifer
Jennifer
edited August 2007 in Player Lounge

Comments

• Jennifer
    Jennifer
    I wandered over here from TT forums and I'm adding some info for my ongoing game. I've been having some trouble with the Textile formatting (I can't get line breaks to work!) But other than that this seems like a pretty cool spot.

There's not a whole lot about me that's interesting: I've been playing and GMing RPG's for probably 16 years now (intermittantly). Currently I'm running a Forgotten Realms/Psionics game here: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/76
  • Micah
    Micah
    Hi Jennifer, and welcome to Obsidian Portal!

The line breaks are tricky with Textile. Basically, a single line break does nothing, and a double line-break creates a new paragraph. I may go in at some point and enable a few html tags (like br tags) in order to allow more fine-tuned line breaks.

Thanks for signing up, and your game looks very interesting. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff here!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Check out the new pictures! I did the pencil sketches myself. They turned out kind of orange, but I think I like the look, personally.
  • Micah
    Micah
    They definitely put anything I could do to shame. It adds some _character_ to your NPC list. hahaha (ok, lame, I know...)

I also like the fact that you're using the tags to organize a bit. Does that work well for you?
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Well, I don't really have so much to organize at this point that I really need the tags, but usually by the time you do need them it's a massive pain in the rear to go BACK and do them, so I thought I'd do it up front and save myself time.
  • Micah
    Micah
    I'm glad somebody gets it! The NPC tracker is based on the idea of "minimal effort now, grow as necessary" I keep my laptop open next to me while we're playing. If the PCs meet some random person, it's very easy for me to add them to the NPC tracker at a whim. All they have at that point is a name and a couple tags, but then it's very easy to flesh them out as necessary.