OP Updates

A_Long_Rest
A_Long_Rest

Hi!

I use to be an ascended member about a year ago and was pretty pissed off when development abruptly stopped, bugs were not fixed, and questions went unanswered. I am happy to see that it at least appears to be back, however, I am concerned that this is just going to be another case where I give OP my money and they run with it. 

My question is, how active are the staff here? How often are bugs addressed/questions answered? Are there updates planned to continuously make this site better?

Comments

• Krothos
    Krothos

Kallak has been, and continues to be, a very active Community Manager. Think he has had this position for at least 6 months. He's been quick to respond to any support issues and always very helpful. There has been regularly updates and new features added, usually at a rate of at least once a month. It is because of him I'm sure that many of us, including myself, are still loyal Obsidian Portal customers.

If you enjoyed the site before, you should come back to see all the new shinies and support! Or at least browse the forums to see how active it's been if you don't want to take my word for it! :)

• Kallak
    Kallak

Thanks for the kind words @Krothos, much appreciated. I'm at 13 months on the job at this point, so we've officially kicked off Year #2 of Kallakness on the site!

@A_Long_Rest, feature development is definitely ongoing, and we're approximately 30% of the way through the next release (I'm not allowed to spill the beans on it yet, but I'm really hopeful that folks will like it).

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

I will second that Kallak has been doing a great job as a community manager (a thankless job a lot of the time that I know from experience).  The newer tech and development team from the last year or so also seems to be fairly competent and efficient from what I can see as a consumer as well. 

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I second both of JaymesBolton's points above.

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Thirded. (Or did that sound Fourthed?)

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

laugh

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member