Feature: As a GM, I would love a way to view my campaign as a player

Dalkiel
Dalkiel

Hello OP forums,

Apologies if this has been requested or if it is already a feature and I just don't know where to look but as a GM, I would really love a way to view my campaign(s) as my players would see it without having to make and invite another account. Does this feature exist I am just missing it?

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

It does not exist at the moment, but is an excellent idea in my view. I can get it added to the developer board and see if they bite.

All the best,
    - Kallak

Inner Council Member
    CotM Selection Committee
    Writer/Editor - Words In The Dark
    Obsidian Portal Community and Content Manager
    GameMaster - Crucible of the Blacksoul (CotM for Jan. 2013)

• Krothos
    Krothos

In the meantime, would this work? Create a free "dummy" account and add the account as a player.

• Krothos
    Krothos

It might be tedious to log between accounts, but it might be something that will allow you to do this.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Most of my player-viewable content is also publicly viewable, so just logging out and viewing as a guest gives me most of the answers I have when I need to take a look at something like this.

Granted, that's just what works for me. Your mileage may vary.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Bortas
    Bortas

I'd lke to expand this idea: 3 views, GM view, player view, public view, all as a simple toggle for the GM. I've done the logging back and forth (typically by using different browsers and alt-tab), and its a pain.

-bort