PFP Issue

pyreball
pyreball

Is there a size limit I'm not aware of or is the site just taking its sweet time to change my PFP? Also, the new I uploaded was showing sideways, though as it's not showing on the main site yet I can't be sure. Any reason it would do that when it's not sideways on my comp?

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Profile images can hang up if the dimensions are too big or too large a file size. I'd say try with a resized copy of the image and see if it goes through.

Regarding the sideways display, I've seen an issue before where a user was trying to upload from an iPhone and the image was displaying upside down. What system type are you uploading from?

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • pyreball
    pyreball

Uh, I e-mailed it to myself from my phone and uploaded it from my computer. It appears to be 1.95 MB in size and the dimensions are 2448 x 3264. Probably should have checked that before hand. What do you suggest I scale it down to?

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hmm, sounds like a portrait versus landscape kinda thing. For future dev reference, which one was the image taken in originally? As far as size goes, I'd probably cut it down to a third or fourth of that myself. 612 x 816 or 816 x 1088; something like that

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • pyreball
    pyreball

Couldn't remember, so I had to check. It was definitely portrait. Uh, on a LG G7, if that makes a difference.

• pyreball
    pyreball

Update: that fixed both issues. I am dumb. Thanks, man.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Rock on!

All the best,
    - Kallak