Transparent background = transparent images?

zattsplace
zattsplace

I was working with CSS and made all of my text boxes 75% transparent. (Like I wanted.) However, I noticed that any image that I insert also becomes 75% transparent. (Not like I wanted.)

How do I maintain the transparency of the background, and make the images opaque?

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

You could target the images specifically by class if they have one (ie, .[image-class-name]), or do the targeting based on the child relationship with the background container (ie, .[container-class-name] img).

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • ragnarhawk

I am using this CSS to make my wiki page backgrounds translucent (I think near 75%):

body.campaign-public-layout .post-section.post-main { background-color: #e8e8e86A !important; }

It does not appear to be making my images translucent though - is your CSS selector the same?

• zattsplace
    zattsplace

Thanks for the quick replies!

Kallak, I'm going to try doing what you suggested to see how it turns out. I would assume that the img class would be the image file type? (e.g. .png)

Honestly, Ragnar I'm not sure what you mean by CSS selector. It looks like I may have accidentally grouped the image and background CSS in some way. I'm a total amateur at this and I'm learning as I go.

• ragnarhawk

Can you please post your CSS for the transparency, so that we can see what differences there might be?

• zattsplace
    zattsplace

I'm sorry for the long delay, ragnarhawk! Y'know, life... Your bit of CSS worked for me! You rock.

Thank you tons.