[Map Markers] What set would you like to see next?

Kallak
Kallak
edited January 2 in Feature Requests

Hey OPers,

If you haven't read our last update post, or checked out the map markers interface lately, then it may be news to you that we released a new set of map markers under the set name "General". Since this was the first foray into map markers for Jynx001 and myself (admittedly he did most of the heavy lifting on this), we stayed fairly close to the established mold, but branching out is certainly something we're up for doing going forward.

That said, we're very interested in hearing from the community. What markers would you like to see next? How about in general?

A few of the concepts/sets we have in mind at the moment are:

• Fantasy Town (Anvil, Apothecary, Dock, Graveyard, Inn, Stables, Temple, Well)

• Modern Town (Airport, Cell Tower, Factory, Hotel, Police Station, Restaurant, School)

• Disasters (Biohazard, Blight, Crevasse, Flood, Meteor, Plague, Radiation, Tornado, Tsunami, Volcano)

• Fantasy Overworld Map (Bridge, Cave, City, Mine, Tower, Village)

• Alphanumerics (Letters, Numbers, Roman Numerals)

There are some others, but hopefully this is enough to get peoples' minds going. So tell us what you'd like to see! We want to hear from you.

Post edited by Kallak on

All the best,
- Kallak

Inner Council Member
CotM Selection Committee
Writer/Editor - Words In The Dark
Obsidian Portal Community and Content Manager
GameMaster - Crucible of the Blacksoul (CotM for Jan. 2013)

Comments

• WarChild
    WarChild

Any and all of the above, plus I'd love to see some sci-fi options. Starport, asteroid field, black hole, sector capital, etc.

• Jynx001
    Jynx001

Great suggestions, WarChild! I have added them to the master list.

• Notsonoble
    Notsonoble

I'll second the sci-fi options, adding a space version of shipwreck to the mix.

• Jynx001
    Jynx001

Good one.  It's on the list now, too.  Thanks for the input!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Currently I am happy with the Std Dragon marker and use colour coding to denote different types of locations but all of the ideas above seem to me like good additions.

yes

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• jwhite68stang
    jwhite68stang

Is there a way to lock them down so players don't end up moving them around on accident?  Also is there any plan for controls on who can edit map markers, I'm not sure most campaigns would even want players to be able to edit them?  

• Kallak
    Kallak

These are not things that are in place currently, but I can certainly put the notion forth and see what can be done in this area.

All the best,
    - Kallak

Inner Council Member
    CotM Selection Committee
    Writer/Editor - Words In The Dark
    Obsidian Portal Community and Content Manager
    GameMaster - Crucible of the Blacksoul (CotM for Jan. 2013)