CKEditor not activating AND columns not working in Textile

hudsonshock

I'm just getting started here, so apologies if I'm making any sort of obvious errors.

When I go to Settings/Advanced and set the default editor to CKEditor and then go to edit one of my characters, the editor is still the Textile editor.  Nothing I do seems to make any difference.

But okay, I'll try to work in Textile.  I'm trying to set up a stat block in columns.  I type it like so:

*SKILLS*

|Daredevil d8|Detective d8|Face d6|                      

|Heavy d6|Jockey d8|Scholar|

|Scientist d8|Scout d6|Sneak d4|

And it comes out looking like this:

SKILLS

|Daredevil d8|Detective d8|Face d6|

|Heavy d6|Jockey d8|Scholar|

|Scientist d8|Scout d6|Sneak d4|

So, what am I doing wrong with the columns and what's up with the CKEditor?

Comments

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

There should be no space between rows.

|C1|C2|C3|
    |A|B|C|
    |1|2|3|

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I would go to setting and set your campaign to textile by default, switching between the two back and forth messes some things up.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I agree with SkidAce. Textile is much more user-friendly (and far less buggy), and is the preferred editor of the OP community.

As for your tables, make sure there are no spaces between rows and no spaces at the end of each row. Either of these will break the table (as I've learned - repeatedly - the hard way).

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith