Removing the default text box

kilgs

I want to remove the default text box for my Home Page. So I just have the sidebar and the background image... any ideas?

On a follow-up, how do I shrink the default text box horizontally?

I know how to change the default in Settings but am lost in regards to specific pages.

Thanks!

Comments

• Bortas
    Bortas

A good chunk of the things you are looking for are possible, using the Ascendant feature to customize your campaign's CSS. Essentially, you right click the element you are interested in, type that into your custom CSS with {display:none;}

-bort

• weasel0
    weasel0

You can adjust the column width under Settings -> Advanced -> Content Max Width

• cgregory
    cgregory

Just remove the padding.

.campaign-landing-show .campaign-landing-page-container .section {

padding: 0px;

}

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• cgregory
    cgregory

Or you can increase the padding and make it transparent.

.campaign-landing-show .campaign-landing-page-container {

background-color: transparent;

}

padding: 900px;

}

This might be the better idea as it will keep the footnote links at the bottom of the page.

They are among us!

• kilgs

Gracias. Will try!

• kilgs

Okay, I've used Inspect and removed the code five different ways and it keeps coming back. Note that altering the padding just made it all bunch up on one side. So I set the displays to "none" and it worked. But then I clicked out and back again and it had reset.
    What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Post edited by kilgs on
  • weasel0
    weasel0

Using the inspect only shows the current live code. What you edit there only updates the current live page.

If you want to make permanent changes, you need to either code the changes on the page itself via the page edit and save  or use the custom code box Settings -> Advanced though that option only works when you pay for an Ascendant account.

• kilgs

I do have Ascendant membership. But how do I code the changes into the specific page? There's no CSS box or anything.

Sorry, not very good at this stuff. But always eager to try/learn!

• weasel0
    weasel0

Well, in this particular case, the change you want to make can only be done from the Custom CSS box in the Advanced Settings area. If you were to only want to make font, link, header, changes(sizes, type, color, ect.), that could be done per page. But, since the code would need to go in the text box, you can't remove the text box from within the text box.

So in this case the following:

display: none;

}

will go in your CSS box under Advanced settings, save and it should be gone.

• cgregory
    cgregory

The potential downside of using display none is that it brings the yellow footer links up to the top of his page where he previously had the textbox. My guess it he wants the area clear. He could also add display none to the campaign-footer id, but that will remove the footer from every page (which may be desirable to him).

#campaign-footer {

display: none;

}

While the padding and transparency keeps the footer at the bottom of the page and keeps it on his other pages as well.

background-color: transparent;

}

padding: 900px;

}

They are among us!

• weasel0
    weasel0

I think  there maybe an additional layer as I have both a transparent layer to show a purple background....been a while though I'd have to dig into my code to see what I did. 

• kilgs

Worked! Thank you!