Everything is underlined?

DaleWilson
DaleWilson
edited June 2018 in Campaign Portal Building

Hey, just started back up here after several years. I'm having a problem where putting in a "+" symbol on pages (as in "a +2 bonus") seems to cause the "+" to disappear and then everything after that is underlined. It seems to be due to a weird formatting shortcut, and I don't recall having this issue before.

Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing that stops everything from underlining after a "+"? If not, is there a way in which I can take advantage of other formatting shortcuts to invisibly remove the underline?

Post edited by DaleWilson on

Comments

• DaleWilson
    DaleWilson

Did some digging and found that you can run the HTML code "+" to replace the "+" sign. It's not the most intuitive fix though, so if anyone has anything better I'm all ears.

• Bortas
    Bortas

Unfortunately, the + sign is textile code for underline, like * is for bold, and _ is for italics.

To get around that, if you are an ascendent, use the following CSS code:

ins { color:inherit; text-decoration:inherit;} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */
    ins:before { content:'+';} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */
    ins:after { content:'+';} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */

-bort

Post edited by Bortas on
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

For my own use, I found it easiest to just put a space between the + and the number. Problem solved, no CSS needed.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I used the same method as UselessTriviaMan

• DaleWilson
    DaleWilson

Thanks for the help guys. I'm not an ascendant at the moment, but I'll keep that CSS code in mind in case I upgrade sometime soon. I'm pretty picky with my formatting so I wanted to avoid leaving a space between the two if I could.

It's weird though because "+" signs in a list don't seem to cause the formatting to start.

For now, I suppose I'll use the HTML entity code. But again, I appreciate the suggestions.

• ragnarhawk

Just thought that I would share a Textile quick reference that I found (courtesy of the Wayback Machine):

https://web.archive.org/web/20080119221036/http://hobix.com/textile/quick.html