Update #11 - Why the long smiley face?

Kallak
Kallak

Friday has come! Which means it's time for this week's updates!

What Was Done This Week:

[1] Adventure Log

An issue that was causing 500 server errors for some users when attempting to post adventure logs has been resolved. This fix went out yesterday, and things are looking good on that front. As always, if you experience any issues or receive any errors, please open a ticket with [email protected]

[1.2] Copy/Pasted Emojis

In a semi related issue to [1], one of the tickets investigated during the rash of 500 error tickets was not as a result of the now-fixed error. In this case, the 500 errors were being caused by emojis. The user in this case copy/pasted material from another source into the editor for an adventure log, and the material being pasted in contained emojis. Attempting to save with the emojis in the editor caused a 500 server error. For the moment at least, OP's editors dislike emojis, so watch out for that.

[2] CotM

The winning campaign for this month has been selected, and the interview material is making its way back and forth through cyberspace. The blog post will be coming soon (hopefully by Monday). Once that's up, I'll have the update for you in the featured campaigns post as I did in the past.

[3] Interactive Maps

With both of the big-ticket items out of the way, and the 500 error adventure log issue fixed, interactive maps is the next thing to be addressed. Based on estimates from the dev side, I'm hoping to be able to have an "it's fixed" update by the end of next week, but it's still a tad early to say for sure. More on this to come.

~~~

Alright gang, that's going to do it for now.

All the best,
- Kallak

Comments

• Bortas
    Bortas

Thank you Kallak!

-bort

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Outstanding!

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Krothos
    Krothos

Thanks for the update, always appreciated!

• Ranseur
    Ranseur

the last few months have been great, seriously keep up the transparency. we really do appreciate it.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Loving the communication!

Speaking of transparency, any chance we can go back to a public ticketing system?  I always found it effective to not feel as if I was the only one having errors, and piggy backing on others comments was a great path to resolution.

Just trying to help out.