What is this site anyway?

Micah
Micah
edited July 2007 in General Archive

Comments

• Micah
    Micah
    If you've made it this far without understanding Obsidian Portal, then obviously I'm not doing my job explaining ;)

Pulled straight from the pitch statement:

Obsidian Portal is a content management site for Dungeons & Dragons and other tabletop role-playing games. Rather than trying to automate the playing of the game, Obsidian Portal provides tools to help facilitate the storytelling. Every campaign gets a shared blog/wiki to showcase their story, as well as integrated tools to help track NPCs, locations, treasure, and all the other minutae that makes up an RPG. After all, the story is the game.

It's our theory that the ultimate form of gaming will always be a group of friends sitting around a table rolling dice. However, laptops and the Internet have their place here, too. Taking notes on a wiki can replace a paper notebook, and specialized tools can help alleviate some of the logistical nightmares that appear, especially in longer campaigns.

Plus, your campaign represents a huge investment of time and emotion. Why not put in a little extra effort and actually write it down? Even if only for yourself, it is immensely satisfying to read back over your campaign exploits and remember all the fun you had.

Well, now I'm rambling. If you still have questions about how to use this site, take a look at the "tutorials":http://www.obsidianportal.com/tutorials and/or send me an email at [email protected]