Links that open a new tab

Keryth987
Keryth987

So, the standard means of having an html link open in a new window or tab seem to not function in textile. Anyone else notice this?> And does anyone know of a workaround to enable this functionality?

Comments

• weasel0
    weasel0

Just to go here first: what's your browser settings? (I like to set mine to new tab but there are various other options)

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Mine is set to new tab, but thats not the issue. Theres a way to do it in standard html code to force a link to open not in the existing window.

• weasel0
    weasel0

I know of _blank and parent and others, I only ask because I believe I have mine set to force to new tabs regardless of the html indicator. 

I could be remembering wrong though.

I'll try and remember to poke at this when home and not sleeping.

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

If I remember correctly, I've tried to do the whole <a href="" target="_blank"> thing for some of my pages and it's never worked. I thought it was something to do with the way OP had their HTML coded. Also if I remember correctly there is an onclick event using "window.open(URL, '_blank')" that would normally work also, but again, OP has lots of these kinds of things disabled.

If that's not the case, please let me know because I don't always want links to open in the same window, especially if I've linked to a website that's not part of my campaign.

Just did a quick test on the GM only notes on my landing page and neither the target="_blank" or the "window.open(URL,'_blank')" work. In fact the JS one get's stripped and only the LINK tags were left.

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Bortas
    Bortas

Same, I just presumed it was like a filter out of user input, to post what they have.

They do this on the backend, but they just cancel your post (ie: try submitting CSS with the word 'script', even 'deSCRIPTion'), on the front end, you tend to silently ignore errors, so the users just get their stuff in.

My wager is the software is designed to purposefully strip that kind of stuff. Last time I looked into this, I seem to recall the HTML result of what I posted didn't have any of the code I was trying to use to open in new tab. It's a fickle thing, though.

-bort