SLO Files Help

JaymesBolton
JaymesBolton

So I am going to be starting a Dresden Files RPG soon. It is still in the "planning stage" (so forgive the mess!) but wanted some styling help. I want to use a green/gold color scheme (the colors for the county and local university). The "buttons" I have are temporary (hopefully get some player help to individualize each button) but my current issue is that the "parchment" I am using doesn't look great against the map background I am using. Hoping someone can direct me to a much better looking image to use as a text background

https://theslofiles.obsidianportal.com/

Thanks for any help! 

Comments

• Bortas
    Bortas

Hmm, I think I followed a youtube tutorial for GIMP for mine.

-bort

Morwindl - Rising Tide

• killervp
    killervp

Like Bortas, I used GIMP heavily with mine.

Just trying to help out.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

All my stuff is Photoshop and MS Paint of all things.

So far looks not too shabby, though, you might want a background around the sidebars as the content is difficult to read right now.

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

Keryth: That is  GOOD idea. Anyone have a CSS already for that I can steal?

Bortas & killervp: thought that counts? I think I found a decent one although it is far from perfect. 

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

From one of my currently in limbo sci-fi games. Its cleaner than the CSS on Shadows :)

/*SIDEBARS*/
    #sidebar .campaign-stream-module.module { background:none; background-image: url(//db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/161737/assets/748758/420041-light-blue-background-for-pc2.jpg?1497881045); padding:5px; font: Audiowide; color:Blue; border:2px solid blue; border-radius:6px; }
    #sidebar .sidebar-quick-stats.module { background:none; background-image: url(//db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/161737/assets/748758/420041-light-blue-background-for-pc2.jpg?1497881045); padding:5px; font: Audiowide; color:Blue; border:2px solid blue; border-radius:6px; }
    #sidebar .sidebar-party-members.module { background:none; background-image: url(//db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/161737/assets/748758/420041-light-blue-background-for-pc2.jpg?1497881045); padding:5px; font: Audiowide; color:Blue; border:2px solid blue; border-radius:6px; }
    #sidebar .adventure-log-index-filter.module.hide-for-small { background:none; background-image: url(//db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/161737/assets/748758/420041-light-blue-background-for-pc2.jpg?1497881045); padding:5px; font: Audiowide; color:Blue; border:2px solid Blue; border-radius:6px; }
    .collapsable-nav-row .sidebar-last-updated {width:100%;background-image:url(//db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/101742/assets/439031/stream.jpg);padding:5px; font: Audiowide; color:Blue; border:2px solid Blue; border-radius:6px; }

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

Starting the game hopefully next week. How do things look now? (I need to customize the wiki buttons better but I want my players to that)

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

It looks good form what i see. I'd add a wiki button on the main page but thats my preference. Looking forward to seeing what comes though