Time Travel

cgregory
cgregory

One of the possible campaigns that I'll next be running will be using the TimeWatch system. The default play style is sort of Time Cop like but time paradoxes are part of the game and are a possible weapon in the PCs arsenal if they are willing to take the risk of causing one and risking their own chronal instability.

Anyways, I was wondering if people had any time travel plot lines they think are fun/interesting?

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

Comments

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

If you feel like killing your brain you could watch legends of tomorrow and the flash on the CW. Neither is a very good show but both deal with a lot of  time issues (specially legends of tomorrow.). Looper (movie with Bruce willis) was an interesting time travel concept as well. 

• cgregory
    cgregory

I’ve watched those plus Timeless and Travelers. One of the issues with tv shows/movies is at least one of my players have likely seen them too. Granted there are parts i can use. Timeless does the changes to the timeline by the main characters actions nicely.

They are among us!

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

They at least give you an idea of the type of things you can do to change an important date. If you do a quick google search of "important moments in history" you can get a lot of important dates you can mess with. Just have "evil" team get something out of the event going differently and "good" team trying to stop it. 

Well that is my two cents. I look forward to reading any adventure logs!

• ragnarhawk

Looney Labs has a couple of interesting card games about time travel - Chrononauts and Early American Chrononauts.  Each player is a time agent who is trying to either 1) Get enough accolades for fixing issues that they can retire, 2) Get swag from the past that they can sell to retire, or 3) set the timeline to their "home" timeline, so that they can go back home.  It has a concept of "Lynchpins" in history - key events that drastically impact the future.  It could provide some ideas for what can ripple (and what some other force might be doing to get the timeline where they want it)

• cgregory
    cgregory

Thanks @JaymesBolton and @ragnarhawk

I planned on using some of the points from shows and Chrononauts looks like it could be an fun game.

They are among us!

• weasel0
    weasel0

Chrononauts is a fun game but quickly devolves into flipping 1 or 2 key cards that affect everyone. And it’s the same 2 cards. The game needed a hair of a tweak before being published but overall, you can get a dozen or so games out of it before that sets in. 

(If they’ve done a revamped version since the mid 2000s then this may be a moot point.)