Magic College

JaymesBolton
JaymesBolton

So this is a two part question:

1. Anyone have a existing magical college I can steal? Or know of an existing literature one that would work? Looking to put one into an urban medieval fantasy campaign I am designing. Looking for history, courses, general "fluff" stuff for it.

2. Anyone have a good magical college map I can steal?  Or know a really cool existing college that would fit inside a city? The city is very stone gothic style architecture so would would appreciate something of that nature. 

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

You could use Brakebills University from the Syfy series the Magicians which is based on the novel by Lev Grossman.

http://www.brakebillsu.com/

Take the Brakebills' entrace exam

http://www.brakebillsu.com/lessons/00

http://themagicians.wikia.com/wiki/Brakebills

Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

Cgregory: I only read the first book and while there was nothing wrong with the book I could not identify or have any interest (positive or negative) in any of the characters. I hear that the following books are a bit better and that surprisingly the TV show is better then the books but I just have not been able to bring myself to read/watch. 

That being said the little "About Brakebills" might be useful. It might be a little too "modern" though for my purposes. 

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I've got a magic college in my campaign world, but haven't ever really fleshed it out. I'll need to take a look at the Breakbills link, even though it's a modern university, there could be things that can be lifted out of there for a medieval fantasy campaign world. Thanks for posting the link cgregory.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

JaymesBolton

I use and would recommend the "Arcane Collegium" in the city of Zobeck, which you can find in Kobold Press's "Midgard Campaign Setting" and their "Zobeck Gazetteer".

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Thanks for posting those link twiggyleaf, I'll have to check out those products.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life